Nvidia driver issue

I'm getting the following error now as MSFS is loading:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a graphics problem. This could be due to the video card overheating, overclocking error, or faulty driver. MSFS will now close."

Specs are in my sig. I've lowered the graphics from ultra to high and now medium; same error. Is it an update bug or do I really have an issue with my card? Other games run fine?

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Have you checked through nVidia 3D settings, sometimes new drivers upset the settings I found.... thats all I can think right now....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

If you suspect over heating issues try running HWMonitor

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

That will show you how hot your card (and CPU) got during flight.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I'm having the same issue, unfortunately.....which driver version did you roll back to? :confused:

Back to Sept 21 release. 5.12 I think? I updated just yesterday to the newest drivers and that's when all this started.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

I'm also having the same issue on my system in FS2020. I have a GTX 1080 Ti with the version 522.25 NVidia drivers installed. I reverted to 517.48 and the CTD did not reoccur in FS2020. A week later I reinstalled 522.25 and the issue returned 15 minutes into my flight. Both times this issue occurred, it was around 15 minutes into the flight. I was flying the JF BAe 146-200 both times but different routes. I think it's a video driver issue as it did not happen with the previous video driver as I mentioned. I'm also using Windows 11 as the OS. Also a few video driver versions ago, I would get CTD in FS2020 about 15 minutes into flight in Windows 11 but not in Windows 10 with those same video drivers, but those times I did not get that message when the CTD occurred but Event Viewer mentioned something about the NVidia display driver stopped responding during those time points of the CTDs. Also just before the CTD happens, the sim freezes for 3 seconds. Edited by Dave68

I'm having the same issue, "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a graphics problem. This could be due to the video card overheating, overclocking error, or faulty driver. MSFS will now close."

I was afraid it was my system overheating, but it appears to be a driver issue. I wonder if NVIDIA knows of the error so that they can create a fix.

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

I'm having the same issue, "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a graphics problem. This could be due to the video card overheating, overclocking error, or faulty driver. MSFS will now close."

I was afraid it was my system overheating, but it appears to be a driver issue. I wonder if NVIDIA knows of the error so that they can create a fix.

Nvidia is usually on top of things like this. However, I am sure they have support forums, and it probably wouldn't hurt to see if others have posted on them, perhaps they even have a work around until Nvidia releases new drivers.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I used to get this also with the .25 driver so tried going to the Studio driver, 522.30 if I remember correctly, and no longer saw this warning.

Actually it also made a significant improvement to the performance too after watching PilotPete's Utube on tuning the settings - worth a watch.

I see Nvidia have dropped a new Gaming driver earlier today but I'm going to wait for a few reports before endangering my new-found fps!

I used to get this also with the .25 driver so tried going to the Studio driver, 522.30 if I remember correctly, and no longer saw this warning.

Actually it also made a significant improvement to the performance too after watching PilotPete's Utube on tuning the settings - worth a watch.

I see Nvidia have dropped a new Gaming driver earlier today but I'm going to wait for a few reports before endangering my new-found fps!

I use 526.47 (todays release).

No issues.

I have what is listed as the latest driver, 522.30 that came out 10/18. I think this is the update that started crashing my system. However, I have had a couple of successful flights now.

Jack T.

522.30 is a Studio driver. I installed it and had excellent results after a bit of tweaking. When the latest Gaming driver was released I gave it a try and was immediately disappointed although after a bit of testing I realised it was the more sophisticated aircraft and intensive scenery that was causing the fps drop. However I've gone back to the studio driver and am very happy with it.

522.30 is a Studio driver. I installed it and had excellent results after a bit of tweaking. When the latest Gaming driver was released I gave it a try and was immediately disappointed although after a bit of testing I realised it was the more sophisticated aircraft and intensive scenery that was causing the fps drop. However I've gone back to the studio driver and am very happy with it.

I tried the 522.30 drivers and I would get the crashing out to the desktop with the overlocking video card message issue just like I did with the 522.25 drivers. The 526.47 drivers didn't have that issue on my system but I did get an issue with pixelated squares on the top 1/8 of my screen while panning in MSFS once I flew over a certain location on a flight from Sacramento to Ontario and that artifacting issue stayed for the rest of the flight and there was also severe stuttering during that artifacting. Weird thing is that this artifacting issue didn't occur in other routes I flew but when I went back to fly the Sacrament-Ontario flight, the artifacting issue happened again starting at around the same location and again for the rest of the flight. So I went back to the 516.94 drivers and with those I didn't get any CTDs in MSFS or artifacting on the Sacramento-Ontario flight. For the Sacramento-Ontario flight I flew the JF BAe 146-200. I haven't gone back to 517.48 drivers and tested for artifacting on the Sacramento-Ontario flight on the JF BAe 146-200 with those drivers.

I went back to Windows 10. I installed the 526.47 drivers and no CTDs while running MSFS in Windows 10 (22H2) so far whereas I had CTDs with this driver version and some other drivers versions in Windows 11 (22H2). I think I'm going to be sticking with Windows 10 and will never go back to Windows 11. Edited by Dave68

I recently installed drivers 517.40, 522.25 and 526.47. I had every time the following message after 30 minutes of flight ""Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a graphics problem. This could be due to the video card overheating, overclocking error, or faulty driver. MSFS will now close.""

Checking the GPU activity, the temp was over 72 and the use was over 90-95%

I reverted to driver 512.77 from last May 2022. Temp is now around 60 and use is down to 50% and no message from MS about a graphic problem... I'll stick to the old driver.

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

I just reverted to 517.40 and within three minutes, I encountered a graphics problem. It seems as though this just started out of the blue for me about two weeks ago. I don't think it is anything in my community folder, however, the problem started somewhere around the time I installed Fly By Wire's new traffic injector. Is anyone else using FSLTL traffic injector and having problems?

Jack T.

Been running the injector for weeks now without issue.... Just a thought (shot in the dark) sometimes drivers change the 3D settings, worth checking them since you have changed them...

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I was into the 2nd leg of a Bush Trip and had the driver warning message come up (which shut me down). I realized I wasn't up-to-date with my Nvidia drivers, so loaded 526.47. I restarted my PC and reloaded the trip. I completed the 2nd leg with no issues.

My system specs:

W10 64 Bit OEM Version 2004 (19041.685)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E; 32GB RAM

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF 8-Core/8-Thread Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 8GB

Peripherals: CH Flight Sim Yoke