Photogrammetry

As far as I know, Photogrammetry is a global setting which is either On or Off. I leave it Off, it looks hideous on my system.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As far as I know, Photogrammetry is a global setting which is either On or Off. I leave it Off, it looks hideous on my system.

Thanks for the reply tiger1962.

I'm still on the fence about, you know what. I don't like seeing the ticky-tacky boxes where there is no ynw and that was the only thing you saw in FSX and the other sims. At least there is a somewhat decent replication of actual buildings with it on. Of course, saying that, there is no substitute for modelled (?) scenery. Thanks again.

Photogrammetry for individual cities or areas can be turned off in Content Manager. Use "photogrammetry" in the search function to find these files. I will add that, before SU10 I was unable to use photogrammetry at all because of terrible performance, but since SU10 it is completely different -- I have all photogrammetry on, and it looks spectacular with good performance as well. Edited by cobalt

Parts of London and all of Vancouver city STILL look hideous running the rtx3090 TI.... and have done since the sim was released on all 3 GPU's I've had!..... I was hoping with a very fast internet connection and the 3090ti I would leave all the photogrammetry issues behind in the dust, but it's not the case.......... So I have no idea what is going on in this department, maybe it's the servers?

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Parts of London and all of Vancouver city STILL look hideous running the rtx3090 TI.... and have done since the sim was released on all 3 GPU's I've had!..... I was hoping with a very fast internet connection and the 3090ti I would leave all the photogrammetry issues behind in the dust, but it's not the case.......... So I have no idea what is going on in this department, maybe it's the servers?

I've seen the same. I took a forced break from FS for about six months, and now that I'm back, I can swear it looks worse. I actually thought it's my internet (which is now slower). At least it's good to know that it's not on my side.

Although my beloved Halifax received PG in the Canada update, it looks pretty bad up close. That said, it looks passable from 200 ft upward, when travelling 100 kts and above.

So I've made peace with the fact that PG is purely for flying over and not to be focussed on.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

It is worth pointing out that there are some excellent freeware fixes for Vancouver and Toronto in flightsim.to, which make those areas look much better. Overall, to me at least, Canada looks significantly improved after SU10. Check out Montreal and Quebec for example. Edited by cobalt

Thanks 'cobalt'. When I search 'Content Manager' all I find are the 'World Updates' which I don't want to delete. It's kind of like the devil you do and the devil you don't! But 'PG' is better than nothing.

And yes, there are great addons available on flightsim.to. I do have a lot of them. My hard drive is having back problems!

KiloWatt, there is a great Halifax addon from Ralph Holgar at 'Simmaddons'. It includes Halifax CYHZ, HMCS Shearwater and lots of downtown goodies. His sceneries are 5by5.shearwater-badge.jpg

Thanks 'cobalt'. When I search 'Content Manager' all I find are the 'World Updates' which I don't want to delete. It's kind of like the devil you do and the devil you don't! But 'PG' is better than nothing.

And yes, there are great addons available on flightsim.to. I do have a lot of them. My hard drive is having back problems!

KiloWatt, there is a great Halifax addon from Ralph Holgar at 'Simmaddons'. It includes Halifax CYHZ, HMCS Shearwater and lots of downtown goodies. His sceneries are 5by5.[ATTACH=CONFIG]231456[/ATTACH]

Ive just had a look and the very last listing is "GOTY - 3D photogrammetry Cities" I deleted it as no option to turn it off.... I've just flown over Vancouver and it looks better but not sure if that's the mod... also interestingly photogrammetry is still showing as on in the settings.... also Thanks cobalt awell for the vancouver advice....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Daspinall, I may be telling you what you already know, but just in case, let me summarize. When I go to Content Manager and select "Installed" (click the box in upper left corner), and then search for photogrammetry using the search function, it finds 10 "3D Photogrammetry Cities" areas, from Australia to USA (listed alphabetically). You can select any or all of these to delete if you wish; they can be reinstalled at any time. Independently of these, the Photogrammetry option available in General Options > Data can be on or off; if it's off, then all photogrammetry of the areas listed in Content Manager will be turned off.

Separate and apart from these photogrammetry areas in Content Manager, are photogrammetry add-ons for many cities around the world available as freeware from flightsim.to (many of them surprisingly small, e.g. Durham NC). When these are placed in Community, their photogrammetry will be visible regardless of your setting in General Options. Hope this helps clarify.

Edited by cobalt

KiloWatt, there is a great Halifax addon from Ralph Holgar at 'Simmaddons'. It includes Halifax CYHZ, HMCS Shearwater and lots of downtown goodies. His sceneries are 5by5.

Thanks msduf! I'll check it out. What's the impact on performance? I've bought scenery before, only for it to bring my geriatric CPU to it's knees.

Incidentally, my wife and I went skating at the Shearwater rink on Saturday night!

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide