Scenery File Activation Question

Ray Hff

This may work for you. Copy the ‘scenery.cfg’ file from your old computer and paste to the new one. This file, on my Windows 10 machine, is located in ‘C: ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX’. (You may have to ‘unhide’ the 'ProgramData' folder.) Make a backup copy of the new ‘scenery.cfg’ file before overwriting it just in case. If you have the exact same scenery files transferred from old to new, it should not cause any problems. If there are changes, you can manually edit the ‘scenery.cfg’ file. Just ensure the numbering [Area.xxx] is sequential.

That could work if he backed up his scenery/effects/textures.............etc etc and his scenery.cfg before he transferred FSX? Depends if he has payware scenery too which will all have to be reinstalled from scratch. If its all freeware simply copying and pasting the backup addon scenery folder and scenery.fsx would not be enough.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Very difficult unless you are able and prepared to divide the proces in basic steps. Allthough some steps require continious action even before reinstalling a new sim, f.i. I regurarly make a backup of my \FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and Texture and my \FSX\Scenery\Global\Scenery and Texture folders. I also regurarly backup my complete: FSX\AddonScenery folder together with my Scenery.cfg file. But in my opinion there's simply no way to 'copy and paste' payware software like UTX GEX AS16 etc. There are lot of benefits in reinstalling FSX from the start. Most important you are able to re-evaluate your previous setup and have the oppertunity to do things better or in a different sequence then your old setup. I completely reinstall my FSX (boxed) about every 2 years. I keep a txt file of things I do differently from the previous setup. Most important, don't rush, with every step think where you can do better then the previous setup.

Part of my log file :

Add-ons toevoegen

Eerst check of FSX Gold loopt goed

– Als FSX loopt goed dan meteen eerst de nieuwste Steve DX10fixer installeren, later als alle

add-ons geinstalleerd zijn gaat veel!! moeikijker, installeer met default , zet AA op 8X

Eerst de nieuwste versie downloaden :

https://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/order/dl/STE200419-7752-84251F

= versie : DX10SceneryFixer_5_4_156.zip

deze geeft de laatste versie en deze met defaults installeren dan testen, als loopt goed

– Instant Scenery

– SDK Object Placement Tool

– FLY Away Simulations FSX Free Mesh

– ORBX Global Base

– ORBX Global Buildings

– UTX : USA – CAN - Alaska- EUR - TROP/CAR –

- Addon Scenery\Caribbean North and South

– Asia Landclass Scenery Tech Asia FSX

– ORBX Africa

– ORBX Global Buildings

– SimMarket Landclass South America

– Landclass VLC New Zealand Godzone niet gebruiken haalt heel NZ leeg!!!!!!

– JustFlight Traffic 360

– Traffic GA FSX FlyAwaySimulation (GA_Traffic_FSX.EXE)

Na installatie is een Editor beschikbaar in: Button Program Files, sleep de Editor naar

bureaublad.

– ORBX Small Airports

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg