2 year anniversary, total hours

Good evening all,

Just a general question.

I have had MSFS since it became avail on day one. Built a new machine for it. A few issues over the past 2 years but nothing major and it got me to thinking.

What hours are you up to "flying" wise. Right now per the internal logbook I am at 998.5 hours TTL. I know unofficially I passed the 1000 hour mark a while ago as I operated it in developers mode and the hours/flights originally didn't log (not sure if that was on everyone's or just mine).

Most of my flights are around 2 hours at a time and the vast majority have been in the FBW A320NX which i really enjoyed. I did just purchase the PMDG 737-800 and remembered how much I loved flying that back in FS9. It took me a bit but now I am back feeling pretty comfortable with it. The Airbus is a engineer/technicians wildest dream while the Boeings sure feel more like a pilots plane (even though it is FBW now too).

So, what are you others up to in time wise? Just curious to see where I fall in range.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Although I've been using and enjoying the sim since near day one, only very recently did I "discover" that unless I completely shut down the aircraft after landing none of my flight time is logged. So........ I've logged 2 years and 48.5 hours - LOL Oh well..... such is life. I now try to remember to shut the GA beasties down after arrival.... but I gotta admit it's not a priority.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Although I've been using and enjoying the sim since near day one, only very recently did I "discover" that unless I completely shut down the aircraft after landing none of my flight time is logged. So........ I've logged 2 years and 48.5 hours - LOL Oh well..... such is life. I now try to remember to shut the GA beasties down after arrival.... but I gotta admit it's not a priority.

First, let me preface this with, Don't be upset after you read this :D :D

I have over 400+ hours in my logbook, and I NEVER have shut down my aircraft (heck, I've never started it either), When I land at the airport, I just quit the sim, and the hours (at least for me), do add up in the logbook. Now I do run it in easy mode, perhaps that is a factor??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll have to watch the flight log much closer than I have been.... which is pretty much not at all - lol My piston GA flying is never more than 45 minutes to an hour per session, and often even less than that.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Now I do run it in easy mode, perhaps that is a factor??

I have the same experience i.e. I never go through the shutdown process. My hours still log and I, too, have accumulated around 400 hours. I operate in Hard mode, so I doubt your running it in Easy mode is a factor. What I have found is that the many hours I have flown training in FSAcademy have not been added to my logbook.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.