WTH no gauges

Jamie20013

I downloaded an il-18. I followed the instructions for the plane, gauges, and effects. But I have no gauges. So I think I missed something. The only thing I didn't do is this.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=186607

If you have not already done so, copy the cab files from the default aircraft folders that have them to the main FS gauges folder. For some the cab files will be zip files as cab files are a type of zip file.

I don't know what this is, so I didn't do it. What are cab files? Also what default aircraft is it referring to?

Sorry to sound like and newbie but it is because I am a newbie. :confused:

Edited by Jamie20013

OK, according to this nonsense line from the README file:

If you have not already done so, copy the cab files from the default aircraft folders that have them to the main FS gauges folder. For some the cab files will be zip files as cab files are a type of zip file.

I would look into each default aircraft's panel folder and if it contains a .cab file, I would copy it and paste it into the panel folder of il-18 and not into any gauges folder. Keep in mind that not all default aircraft have a .cab file in their panel folder.

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen!

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

In your IL-18 folder, look in your aircraft.cfg (open with notepad) file and see if it has a line that says panel = or, panel=b. If it says panel =b, delete the b so that the line says only panel=

Save --NOT SAVE AS -- the modified aircraft.cfg file

Take the two gauge files in the gauges folder and copy them into the panel folder (not THE PANEL.B FOLDER).

START UP AND SEE IF YOU HAVE SOME GAUGES

Edited by mikeandpatty