Garmin G1000 in some models and autopilot

Cas141

I have been successfully flying many models in fsx using the autopilots of those models. Beechrcaft Baron and Cessna to name two.

I am having difficulty with the 'Glass' cockpit versions of these, and frankly things seemed to have improved worse.!

First, am I correct in thinking that the autopilot instruments shown in the basic VC cockpits of these models is correct?

If so, there is a working autopilot, but in the glass versions this has gone. When using the basic versions, I have a GPS 500 on a second screen and it is useful and quite good to use.

I was surprised to find no autopilot in the 'glass' versions, and flying one of those glass planes as opposed to a 737 or even the semi autopilot of, say, a De Havilland Comet4b [ Maltbys] is ridiculously hard.

or so it seems. There is no useful tutorial I can find. FSInsider had one apparently, but no longer available.

can anyone assist or have a comment on this

Ta

There's freeware G1000 with a built-in Autopilot, pre-configured for the default Beech baron, King Air and C172 over at Scumari.nl: https://hack.scumari.nl/g1000-panel-for-fsx-p3d/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64