Disembodied front landing gear visible in VC view.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

I like to use VC mode even when no VC present in an aircraft.

I feel it offers some unique viewing options.

(I used to use a gauge called viewskip gau? ) this removed the VC view in the view options as you cycled through; however as I now like to use it I have cancelled this in most aircraft.

Anyway my problem is that in some aircraft in VC view there is visible the retracted front landing gear (just the landing gear and nothing else. I want to remove or hide that landing gear.

Some years ago I asked this same question, and solution was very simple, but I can't remember how i achieved it (even though very simple :) )

Can someone help?

I do remember it had something to do with the views section of the aircraft's cfg file.

Cheers Andy

Hey, Socks! Could it be your VC view is too far forward and down? Maybe the eyepoint adjustment in the aircraft.cfg needs adjusting! ;)

Hello Zip

Nice to hear from you.

Your right of course it is the Views entry in the aircraft cfg that needs altering, the trouble is iam not sure how.

What I might try is taking these view entries from another (vistaliners by the way) aircraft that doesn't

display the disconnected landing gear and see what occurs.

Cheers to you.

Andy

Hello Zip

Nice to hear from you.

Your right of course it is the Views entry in the aircraft cfg that needs altering, the trouble is iam not sure how.

What I might try is taking these view entries from another (vistaliners by the way) aircraft that doesn't

display the disconnected landing gear and see what occurs.

Cheers to you.

Andy

Best of luck and hope it turns out OK! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Best of luck and hope it turns out OK! ;)

Hello Mr Zippy

Have sorted the problem.

More by luck than judgement by playing with the VIEWS section (as you describe

) i have removed (actually hidden rather than removed ) the offending landing gear.

Its still visible but you have to slew so far around the VC view to actually see it (I would never do that in a flight)

I have been enjoying these old Vistaliner aircraft recently and now with the offending gear hidden away i can enjoy them even more.

All the best

Andy