Canada scenery

defaid

Hi!

I've recently opened an Air Hauler base at Goose Bay CYYR, have acquired the Canada & Alaska Ultimate Terrain and Flight Ontario's Goose Bay. I'm also about to launch into Roger's million and one Canadian airfields, which are likely to become a third persistent thread of flights...

I'm wondering whether Tongass and Misty Fjords are still available and if so, whether they're worth getting. SimMarket have an archived page for them but no link to purchase them.

D

Hmm. Also had a search and couldnt find it. Frustrating when old but good payware scenery is removed.

Perhaps you could try emailing the developers directly. You can always track someone down who can help. I’m guessing the reply will be : we didn’t think anyone still uses fs9 as we’ve all moved on to MSFS.

I did find this page though. Pretty cool :

http://www.mistymoorings.com/index.php

Edited by JSMR

Yeah, it's a real shame.

It can't be an unwillingness to support old packages: Glacier Bay is free and just downloaded. I guess you're right-- FS9's just unfashionable. Looking through the MM forum there are several suggestions that FS9 doesn't run on modern hardware.

Still, Glacier Bay, Ultimate Terrain and Roger W's work are all I really need.

Them, Photoshop and Traffic Tools...

D

Yeah, it's a real shame.

It can't be an unwillingness to support old packages: Glacier Bay is free and just downloaded. I guess you're right-- FS9's just unfashionable. Looking through the MM forum there are several suggestions that FS9 doesn't run on modern hardware.

Still, Glacier Bay, Ultimate Terrain and Roger W's work are all I really need.

Them, Photoshop and Traffic Tools...

D

I did find a way to contact someone so hopefully I get a reply back as I’m also looking for it.

Long ago I was in contact with the "owner" of the scenery, and though after all this time his name does not come to mind it may have been Francois? I can try to check this but if someone confirms it then I don't have to try! There are (were?) some other good Canadian airfields by Flight Ontario too, not just Goose Bay. Edited by Roger Wensley

Long ago I was in contact with the "owner" of the scenery, and though after all this time his name does not come to mind it may have been Francois? I can try to check this but if someone confirms it then I don't have to try! There are (were?) some other good Canadian airfields by Flight Ontario too, not just Goose Bay.

Thanks Rodger. I download as much of your stuff as I can. Love flying in Canada and Alaska. Some really good scenery out there.

I had a question regarding your PAKT scenery. I find it quite hard on FPS which I think comes from the dock area. Lots of objects I guess. Any suggestions as to ways to reduce the impact on fps?

When I first posted Ketchikan it was as a set of parts. Did you download the final version when it was just all in one post? Then delete it, and download and install the set of parts as separate posts one at a time. Then when you have poor FPS delete the part you just installed.