Oscillation (Dutch Roll?)

I am using a Thrustmaster Airbus joystick and I am continually fighting what I believe is called a "Dutch Roll", oscillating back and forth making it nearly impossible to line to a runway for landing. Seems to happen with every aircraft, some much worse than others, but it is always there. Have messed around with the sensitivity settings to the point at which I don't know what I am doing! Is there one particular sensitivity setting that should concern me more than others? A combination? I am aware that every setup is different, but I also know that this oscillation can be overcome. (I watch a lot of YouTube videos!) Thanks for your assistance.

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

I am using a Thrustmaster Airbus joystick and I am continually fighting what I believe is called a "Dutch Roll", oscillating back and forth making it nearly impossible to line to a runway for landing. Seems to happen with every aircraft, some much worse than others, but it is always there. Have messed around with the sensitivity settings to the point at which I don't know what I am doing! Is there one particular sensitivity setting that should concern me more than others? A combination? I am aware that every setup is different, but I also know that this oscillation can be overcome. (I watch a lot of YouTube videos!) Thanks for your assistance.

Most common cause is Pilot Induced Oscillation.

Start by turning sensitivity UP until you can identify what YOU are doing, then down until it no longer does it...