Ctd at LEAL Alicante, Spain

I have attenpted 3 flights this morning from Leal to Levc in the G1000 C172. All three attempts gave me a CTD after hitting the FLY button. I tried a new flight in the UK and all was fine.

Anyone had trouble with LEAL?

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by stinger2k2

Just attempted a flight in the opposite direction, Levc to Leal. All fine until I got close to Leal then CTD.

All addons that might affect the area have been disabled.

Could someone try a quick flight from LEAL to confirm please?

Hi Keith, I don't get a CTD at LEAL but I do get this hideous graphic anomaly:

LEAL1.jpg

It looks like a huge road bridge from this side of the airport.

LEAL3.jpg

It bursts straight through the control tower...

LEAL2.jpg

and disappears into the distance...

LEAL4.jpg

yet it's invisible from this side of the airport.

This shows up at the default LEAL and with the freeware LEAL from flightsim.to: https://flightsim.to/file/20416/alicante-airport-leal

I've no idea what causes it, but it may be causing your CTD - as you can see, I've got AI aircraft everywhere so a faulty texture can be ruled out.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Mmm, interesting. I have seen a similar anomaly like this before but for the life of me I can't remember how i solved it!. It may have just been solved by an update.

Thanks for taking the time, i suspect it's the cause of my CTD.

I think I'll raise a ticket.

Cheers

Stinger

I did a fly-over LEAL from the airfield near Benidorm and the strange 'road bridge' was gone. Just to make sure I quit the sim and deleted the Content.xml and ROLLINGCACHE.CCC files in the AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache folder, rebooted the sim and sure enough the road bridge has gone now:

LEAL5.jpg

I hope this fixes your CTD, it doesn't do any harm to delete these files because the sim re-creates them on the next launch.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I did a fly-over LEAL from the airfield near Benidorm and the strange 'road bridge' was gone. Just to make sure I quit the sim and deleted the Content.xml and ROLLINGCACHE.CCC files in the AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache folder, rebooted the sim and sure enough the road bridge has gone now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230129[/ATTACH]

I hope this fixes your CTD, it doesn't do any harm to delete these files because the sim re-creates them on the next launch.

Thanks Tim , i will try it and report back.

Yep, that fixed it. No ctd now. Just the odd sight of an X-Cub spinning on it's wingtip !

How odd.

Anyways, thanks for the CTD cure. No other graphical anomalies spotted.

Cheers

Stinger

9505d44a51de837dde1415d1ba7a0e73.jpg