flightsim 2020 premium deluxe installation issue

I downloaded all 10 discs, created a Microsoft account, entered my activation code but when I try to start the simulator I get a the cover page and a message "please insert Microsoft Flight Simulator game disc." There is no such disc and the support@aerosoft is worthless. Any solutions or do I have to reinstall?

Hi,

If you’ve bought the disc version, then it always needs disc 1 to be in your drive for it to run.

Although.. you say you downloaded the 10 discs?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

you say you downloaded the 10 discs?

Regards

Steve

There is always confusion between downloaded and installed. gjfuerth, Did you "install" all 10 discs to your computer? If so, then disc 1 needs to be in the drive to start the Sim.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Do you mean that after all 10 are downloaded and the registration code etc., is completed that it is necessary to always have disc 1 in the drive to operate as the handbook was silent on that point.

Do you mean that after all 10 are downloaded and the registration code etc., is completed that it is necessary to always have disc 1 in the drive to operate as the handbook was silent on that point.

Again, you’re saying downloaded (it’s causing a bit of confusion :))

If you bought the 10 DVDs and have INSTALLED all 10 (not downloaded) then yes, you will need to keep disc 1 in the drive whenever you launch MSFS.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks to all who responded. It now works with disc 1 in the drive. The next problem is that the auto pilot in the 787 does not work well nor does it in the A 320. Is it something I am doing wrong? That said, the graphics are remarkable and worth moving up from Flight Sim X