MSFS performance monitor

Do these settings look ok ?

Trying to fix the BSOD issues with MSFS. Running on NVME SSD.

This is in cruise flight MSFS. Nvdia control set to 40 FPS.

RTX3080 switch on card is set to quiet mode.

Only thing in community folder is flybywire a320 and the aircraft paint but it crashes with default paint too.

Weather is off.

MSFS performance in cruise  v2.jpg,

Edited by johnyyz
Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

Just my opinion.

.Youi have WAY too many variables active to even remotely trouble shoot your issue. I suspect you may have one of three issues but there is a slight possibility of something obscure. I am suggesting this as a plan, as it goes from the most easy to try to the more complicated. The KEY, DON'T add multiple variables as you proceed through the tests!!

First, eliminate NZXT, put EVERYTTHING back to stock (memory without xmp boost), and kill ALL the programs you have running in background. Take everything out of the community folder, liveries included. Now try to run MSTS. If no crash, add things back ONE at a time.

If it still crashes, my first guess is a bad GPU capacitor or bad GPU memory. Since you have a computer shop you are working with, see if they will swap out your GPU with another card temporarily, and see if that solves the issue. The Nvidea 3000 series GPUs had a known flaw in the filter capacitor from many asemblers, who didn't follow the spec capacitor from Nvidea. If you still crash.

I would look at your PSU. It is Very unlikely, but it could be spiking under heavy load?

Remember, the key is to minimize the variables.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Johny did you check out that post I told you about on NZXT? it appears, some say it could be the cause of crashes.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yes I had this issue before I installed NZXT

I seem to be able to fly for a few hours on autopilot on the fbw a320 but then freeze and bsod

I have had my system stress tested all passed perfectly.

My cooling is a bequiet fan dark pro 4 but it seems to work fine.

Funny though it shuts down like its an overheating thing though.

I wonder why my. CPU and. GPU have low utilization percentages, I thought they would be higher

Edited by johnyyz
Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

I think it might be worth doing what Bob (Plainsman) has suggested.

Having a CTD is one thing, but if you’re getting the BSOD as well, then something’s not right. It usually means hardware, drivers, or incompatible software. What does it say on the BSOD. I don’t suppose it gives an insight to the problem or makes much sense?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I guess is too much to hope nvidea/Asus would replace the card.?????

Ya I'm not just getting crash to desktop but. BSOD as well

Edited by johnyyz

I think it might be worth doing what Bob (Plainsman) has suggested.

Having a CTD is one thing, but if you’re getting the BSOD as well, then something’s not right. It usually means hardware, drivers, or incompatible software. What does it say on the BSOD. I don’t suppose it gives an insight to the problem or makes much sense?

Regards

Steve

Along this line, are there any errors given the Windows event log?

I guess is too much to hope nvidea/Asus would replace the card.?????

Ya I'm not just getting crash to desktop but. BSOD as well

If you have something to indicate it’s the GPU (BSOD error message or similar), I would contact the GPU company, Asus. Nvidia would only provide end user support for the drivers.