Statue of Liberty in New York harbor

Rnglgdj

I was doing some research on the Statue of Liberty one day. Being the history buff I am, I can tell you it opened two years prior to Jack the Ripper's reign in Whitechapel, England (a district in London) in 1888. A year later in 1889 the Eiffel Tower opened. And it was during the World's Fair. Paris World's Fair I think. Such notable people that attended were Wild Bill Hickok and his Wild West show and Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison went to the top of the tower to have lunch with someone whom I forgot.

Also, the Statue of Liberty got shrapnel from some blast I think from a German Nazi WWII sub.

One hundred years after 1888 I took my first flight aboard a Continental headed to John Wayne airport in Orange County, California. I was 8 years old. Wore a green shirt and I think it was corn flakes for breakfast. LOL!

Dan Aykroyd who plays Ray Stantz was part writer of the movie. (I loved the cartoon back then).

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

I was an City of New York employee in 1986, on the One Hundred Year celebration of Lady Liberty. I was given special tickets to view the Statue's birthday at night from a nearby downtown NYC pier. Twas quite a spectacle...

Thanks for the film clip

Twas a fantastic era for movies. Today? Not so much...

I was an City of New York employee in 1986, on the One Hundred Year celebration of Lady Liberty. I was given special tickets to view the Statue's birthday at night from a nearby downtown NYC pier. Twas quite a spectacle...

Edited by CRJ_simpilot