Just out of curiosity I was wondering if there is any aircraft that has never been modelled in a flight simulator. I think all the ones I have seen so far have been in one or the other.:confused:

The newer versions of any Gulfstream private jet. I know there are some older freeware’s of the I and II, but any of the modern ones, no, as Gulfstream refuse their brand to be used at all.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

The most obvious are the Douglas C-39 & C-40 (DC-2.5) military transports. These served in the Far East during WWII and some were converted to exec transports after the war.

The Bell P-63-E. The earlier models were modeled, but the E variant has never been modeled. It added a larger wing and more power as well as stability tweaks. I have an FS9 .air file package in the library, but no one ever made the model.

The Cessna C182RG has not been modeled since FS2002. It is a fun aircraft that is a great bridge between the C172 and the Bonanza. The retraceable gear yields much improved performance and a really sleek look. I don't think the C177RG has ever been modeled?

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The most obvious are the Douglas C-39 & C-40 (DC-2.5) military transports. These served in the Far East during WWII and some were converted to exec transports after the war.

The Bell P-63-E. The earlier models were modeled, but the E variant has never been modeled. It added a larger wing and more power as well as stability tweaks. I have an FS9 .air file package in the library, but no one ever made the model.

The Cessna C182RG has not been modeled since FS2002. It is a fun aircraft that is a great bridge between the C172 and the Bonanza. The retraceable gear yields much improved performance and a really sleek look. I don't think the C177RG has ever been modeled?

Actually sir, FSX had a Carenado Cessna RG, but if you are referring to default aircraft, then yes, you are correct.

The newer versions of any Gulfstream private jet. I know there are some older freeware’s of the I and II, but any of the modern ones, no, as Gulfstream refuse their brand to be used at all.

Yep, I remember that from the FS2000 or 2004 days and members asking for one from a developer at the time (can't remember who or if they even still exist). They said they approached Gulfstream for a license contract and were effectively told, and I'm paraphrasing, 'We're not interested in our aircraft simulated like toys.' But that doesn't really count as unloved by developers. Gulfstreams have been wanted for 20 years plus in flight simulators. They just couldn't do it (legally anyway).

I remember that clearly because as a Georgia resident where Gulfstream is based, that arrogance irked me immensely. Dassault never had a problem with the Falcon 7x getting sim realistically modeled and partnering with a developer:

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/passion/news/flight-simulator-falcon-7x-add/

Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Ok, that is why I used a question mark. I knew they did the fixed gear C177, I had not noticed the RG version. Thanks for adding the link.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I never quite understood Gulfstream's refusal to grant a license - did they think their wealthy clientele would think any less of the Company as they sipped their champagne, and spooned on the caviar while lounging in the cabin at 40,000 feet?

Yep, I remember that from the FS2000 or 2004 days and members asking for one from a developer at the time (can't remember who or if they even still exist). They said they approached Gulfstream for a license contract and were effectively told, and I'm paraphrasing, 'We're not interested in our aircraft simulated like toys.' But that doesn't really count as unloved by developers. Gulfstreams have been wanted for 20 years plus in flight simulators. They just couldn't do it (legally anyway).

I remember that clearly because as a Georgia resident where Gulfstream is based, that arrogance irked me immensely. Dassault never had a problem with the Falcon 7x getting sim realistically modeled and partnering with a developer:

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/passion/news/flight-simulator-falcon-7x-add/

From what I remember, they even went so far as to issue cease and desist orders to any site hosting even freeware versions of their jets.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if there is any aircraft that has never been modelled in a flight simulator. I think all the ones I have seen so far have been in one or the other.:confused:

Excluding military, airliners and ultralights/microlights - pretty much any aircraft which was built after 2000, especially those with a glass cockpit and modern engine management.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64