New CYUL Airport Scenery Question

littlerichard

Big thanks to Stuart John Gilbert for another awesome airport scenery. I think I have all of the required items installed as listed in the read me, but am seeing orange rectangles which may have something to do with a missing or corrupted runway or taxiway sign or marking. Does anyone have a clue about what is generating this and how I can fix it? Thank you!

cyul1.JPG

cyul2.JPG

Hi,

I haven't installed the scenery but I have taken a look at the download....

Have you read the readme file that is provided by the author - it lists a very extensive list of REQUIRED library objects that you need to download and install to get the best results from his work...

Clearly you have one or more of them missing....

Regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Still working on this one. You know how frustrating it can be if just one thing doesn't quite work right... Thankfully, there are a lot of kind and helpful folks on these forums, so if anyone viewing these screenshots has a guess at what texture(s) I may be missing, please let me know. Thanks!!

Just downloaded the file. In the readme there's a "huge" collection of libraries!

I suppose you're going through them all?

With such an extense install I'd mail the author (email on the readme) and send him your screenshots.. he'll probably will identify them quickly.

Joao Paz

Alaskan Winds, L'Air Azur

Thanks for your reply. I have many of his other airport sceneries installed and all are working fine except for this one and apparently I'm the only one with this issue. I've been through the long list of required libraries and thought I had them all installed correctly, but obviously I'm still missing something and will check with him to see if he can steer me in the right direction. Cheers!!

Hi,

I installed the airport but didn't see the squares, and there is nothing obvious that is located there. All the taxi signs I have you also have, so that doesn't appear to be the problem? I do not have all the libraries installed, though. Perhaps you could remove all of them listed in his text file (temporarily) and then add them back one half at a time until the squares appear? That should allow you to find the issue?

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. I contacted Stuart about this and he was kind enough to research the issue for me and reply, sending a lights texture bmp to install in my FS9 Effects/Texture folder. It worked! The orange rectangles are gone!

Cheers!

Steve