How can I find AI aircraft for fs9

asos

The simple answer is almost anywhere on flightsim.com or other flight simulator websites.

On flightsim.com go to File Library, Search Files, then file section : FS2004 and text : ai

Download the aircraft into your Aircraft folder in FS9. If the file just contains a texture, there is usually a link to the required aircraft model. This may be in the Read Me file. To make the aircraft appear in your sim you will also need some flightplans.

I hope this is what you were lookin for.

I assume you're referring to the fact that a lot of AI repainters have retired from making FS9 files for their works.

Thankfully I've been able to convert a lot of FSX stuff for FS9 use, but even then, you can't convert entire models to another sim.

Oh and then there's the fact about "dead links", so flyingcarpet and borisrepaints may no longer be accessible. I can relate

What repaints are you looking for?

Carlos Si

Thankfully I've been able to convert a lot of FSX stuff for FS9 use, but even then, you can't convert entire models to another sim.

Be aware that some aircraft uploaded and specifically declared as FSX planes will work with FS9 too. Just check whether they have bmp or dds textures as the first ones are suitable with FS9.

Bernard

AI - Wish I knew how to paint because it would be nice to revamp all the big USA based airlines, and the many visitors from abroad, to modern dress.

Neil

FS Repaint https://www.fsrepaint.com/fsrepainting/ might be worth looking at.

A lot of the capability to repaint easily will depend on the original design of the aircraft under consideration.

Having a comprehensive "re-paint kit", wherein every individual component of the model is textured separately, makes it a lot easier to work with ;)

Edited by chris_eve