What makes you fly one or the other, Airbus or Boeing, why....

daspinall

I have often wondered what makes a sim pilot choose between the two Airbus/Boeing..... For me the number one factor is flying with a yoke... secondly factor, you can turn the computers off and actually fly the plane takeoff and land without issues compromising the flight..

years back in the 2004 sim I did fly some payware airbus models but always felt like a copilot with all the automation.... Also I don't like flying with a joystick i'm old school I guess..... I really don't want this to be a fight, Airbus is better than Boeing, A it's childish B, it's not the question I asked.......

Happy landings....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I have often wondered what makes a sim pilot choose between the two Airbus/Boeing..... For me the number one factor is flying with a yoke... secondly factor, you can turn the computers off and actually fly the plane takeoff and land without issues compromising the flight..

years back in the 2004 sim I did fly some payware airbus models but always felt like a copilot with all the automation.... Also I don't like flying with a joystick i'm old school I guess..... I really don't want this to be a fight, Airbus is better than Boeing, A it's childish B, it's not the question I asked.......

Happy landings....

I would have agreed with you prior to the recent Boeing debacle, but now it's Airbus all the way.

It is not about the aircraft per se, just my suspicion about the licensing authorities in the US v. Europe and the ROTW. The UK CAA are just as bad, mad amd corrupt IMHO, too...

And I can only say that because absolutely NO ONE here has my real pilot name, so they can't find, track, trace and pull my licence....

Well as an American whose father once worked for Boeing, I'm naturally biased. Also, as a real world general aviation private pilot with experience limited to single engine Cessnas and Pipers, I'm naturally used to only a yoke. Finally, I have always preferred Boeing's more manual approach that leaves partial old school in place vs. full automation as you reference with Airbus.

That said, I do like high tech and do like the Airbus line as well. I am waiting for developers to come out with a full complex sim for either or both Boeing and Airbus. I'm talking like back in the 767 PIC days for FS2000 or Captain Sim's 757 for FS9 - complex realistic cold dark startup and FMC/FMS programming and all. I have a Logitech joystick used for the Superbug and warbirds for MSFS and can quickly swap out my Logitech yoke for it just like I've been doing since FS2000 with a CH yoke and joystick.

So the long story short is I prefer Boeing, but am not dismissive of being open to jumping on board with a complex Airbus payware airliner. If someone comes out with the new Airbus A220 series that my buddy flies as a training captain for Jet Blue, I'm way past in!

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Interesting and well said... good news for us, PMDG are about to launch the Boeing 737 for msfs2020 soon, they are not cheap to purchase but they are as real as they get in a consumer simulator......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Boeing up until P3D... Because I live in the US so that is what I preferred plus I like the yoke.

However, I have been flying the Airbus in MSFS on occasion. Have flown on the the A380 6 times in real life almost half way around the world. Despite what the market says about the A380's future, it is a magnificent airplane both from inside and out.

If PMDG makes an A380, I will definitely purchase and fly it along with all the Boeings. My bias towards the Airbus is eroding.

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014