I can't say this is a general anomaly for non-Garmin 1000 modeled aircraft, since I have only the stock planes that came with my basic FS2020 edition, the FMS for the Textron Cessna Citation does not seem to consider the ILS localizer frequency for a given airport when entering the documented standard approach plate info for a particular runway. Using the TUN selection on the FSM and setting it to the correct localizer frequency there is no horizontal or vertical glide path indication. Both seem to be modeled on the PFD but there is no course or vertical indicator populated, so it remains inoperable. In FSX, for the planes I used, it was modeled and worked. Naturally, at this point in the release of FS2020 I was expecting functionality. Perhaps I have overlooked something. To clarify, regardless of whether I set departure/arrival airports in the FS2020 menu, or simply enter this info manually in the FSM in free flight, there is no approach guidance displayed in the FSM.

Is this something that others have experienced?

Thanks for comments and suggestions!

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Next to the altitude ladder there should be a vertical row of white dots with a green letter G at the top when the glideslope is active. Look for a green diamond among the white dots, this is the glideslope indicator.

Here's a short video tutorial: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=msfs+citation+longitude&docid=607986057289420991&mid=1B4412A7F5D628C02F661B4412A7F5D628C02F66&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

***************UPDATE*************

The issue reported has been resolved.

The PFD display has to be changed from the default FMS screen to the VOR 1 or 2 screen corresponding for the NAV frequency entry set with the TUN button on the FMS keypad. Glide path and horizontal relationships are then clearly displayed for the selected appropriate runway desired.

I found an excellent tutorial written by JuiceBox7535, in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum around 8/2020 and remains a work in progress, an excellent work effort for the Collins Radio FMS programming!

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

Thanks much again Tim for the supper effort in helping me get up to speed on several topics! Terrific participation and effort! I think the tutorial you referenced is for the Garmin 1000 which I haven't mastered but very much more familiar with than the older Collins FMS.

As you can see, I discovered the issue by referring to a terrific work on the Collins FSM as noted. I had used the Collins FMS previously in FSX for some citations which were modeled with the Collins FSM about 10 yeas ago. I don't recall having to switch the PFD to VOR but it was a long time ago. I like the Garmin 1000 and especially the NXi variant that is soon to be the default, as I understand.Thanks for the link to the Garmin 1000 tutorial too!

Thanks again!!

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060