Difference between 'reverse propeller thrust' vs 'reverse throttle thrust'?

That depends on what you mean by 'reverse throttle thrust,' an odd term I've not heard before. If you're talking about on jet aircraft, then reverse thrust is basically some mechanism that diverts the jet blast that comes out of the rear of the jet to force it in a more forward direction. There are several styles of that, but all are just thrust redirectors.

Reverse propeller thrust, on the other hand, is a changing of the pitch of the propeller so that the propeller itself generates thrust in the reverse direction. If you think of a small fan on your table that blows air toward you, then either running the motor backwards or changing the blades so that they are angled in the opposite direction will reverse the air flow. It's basically the same with reverse propeller thrust -- the propeller blades actually twist so that air flows in the opposite direction.

While most large jet aircraft today have reverse thrust available, there are very few piston engined aircraft today with it available, though many of the prop driven airliners after WWII and into the '60s had the capability. Most turboprop aircraft that I know of DO have some form or reversing the prop pitch for reverse thrust.

Hope that's what you are after.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 3 weeks later...
That depends on what you mean by 'reverse throttle thrust,' an odd term I've not heard before. If you're talking about on jet aircraft, then reverse thrust is basically some mechanism that diverts the jet blast that comes out of the rear of the jet to force it in a more forward direction. There are several styles of that, but all are just thrust redirectors.

Reverse propeller thrust, on the other hand, is a changing of the pitch of the propeller so that the propeller itself generates thrust in the reverse direction. If you think of a small fan on your table that blows air toward you, then either running the motor backwards or changing the blades so that they are angled in the opposite direction will reverse the air flow. It's basically the same with reverse propeller thrust -- the propeller blades actually twist so that air flows in the opposite direction.

While most large jet aircraft today have reverse thrust available, there are very few piston engined aircraft today with it available, though many of the prop driven airliners after WWII and into the '60s had the capability. Most turboprop aircraft that I know of DO have some form or reversing the prop pitch for reverse thrust.

Hope that's what you are after.

Yes. Very much so. Thank you!

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR