Addons scenery not working with W10

jmie

Good evening:

Can anyone give a a clue how to make addons sceneries working with Windows 10?

I had to migrate from W7 to W10. In W7 the sceneries worked perfectly well, but no one work with W10.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

I've tried with addons downloaded from this page and others like avsim etc. No one works. Even following the "normaly" instructions. Say install it or copy and paste in addons file and then go to FS9 Scenery Library and instal it. When I worked with previous Windows O.S. the same addons worked perfectly well, then I supose that's is the Windows 10 the one who has something that denied such addons. This it no happends with aircrafts that I have downloaded and installed without any problem. Thanks

I'd guess your FS9 was installed in the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9" folder, which is heavily "protected" under W10 security so, unless you edit the scenery.cfg file manually, it's simply not getting updated.

If this is the case, see the FAQ's about installing FS9 under W10 … it's straightforward, but "different".

Good luck :)

Do you mean that from within FS9, and on Win 10, you can't add a new scenery layer when in the Scenery Library user interface? I've found the same thing and have taken to modifying my scenery.cfg manually when I add a new layer.

I think others have found a solution from within FS9.

Dear friend,

I have got the necesesary instructions how to modify scenery.cfg. I give you the instructions that may be worth to any other forum reader.

1.- Place the files into the AddonScenery file

2.- Open the scenery.cfg and go to the bottom

3.- Take note which is the last area number and tha last layer number

4.- Now write

[area.xxx] xxx= (the last area number +1)

title= (write the exact name of the file that you have copied previously in the addon scenery)

Local=Scenery\Citie\(repeat the title)

Layer= (place the last number as 3 before +1)

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Unquote

Repeat the previous steps for any file to add.

Best regads and Merry Xtmas and a fabolus new year