Three days later still no real world Wx....

With live weather and METAR checked and the departure airport Wx checked I continue to have standard ISA conditions (zero winds, 29.92"). All the way through the flight levels. Everything else is working fine in the sim. I have read a few people report the same thing but just restart the sim to get live weather working. Is there some hidden feature I'm not checking to get real METAR weather? And yes, that is lit up in blue and checked where I select the airport weather. This makes no sense and is just ruining the experience.
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Well that's just it. I have live weather turned on even down to VATSIM selection of my departure airport. Seems to work for most, but not all. I'm one of those few. I used to have REX for FS9 & FSX and I'm about to break out the card for it and download as I just found out they updated for WU7. One and done. Oh and I do have my AV/Malware disabled before booting the sim as I always have. Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Well that's just it. I have live weather turned on even down to VATSIM selection of my departure airport. Seems to work for most, but not all. I'm one of those few. I used to have REX for FS9 & FSX and I'm about to break out the card for it and download as I just found out they updated for WU7. One and done. Oh and I do have my AV/Malware disabled before booting the sim as I always have.

At this time, I don't think Rex has released updates for it's products which were broke by the Update

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

At this time, I don't think Rex has released updates for it's products which were broke by the Update

Well $21.95 USD and a couple hours later after two 1-hour test flights in different areas it's working for me with real barometric pressure, winds, and weather. I was aware of Nels post two days ago. I figured I have nothing to lose at this point. This has only happened in the last six hours as of this post time stamp and I will update with screenshots of before/after install. The update I thought I read was for a different product. Maybe they have a fix and just haven't announced it yet?

Well this answers it and I was not crazy: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/rexnews

Edited by N069NT

Well $21.95 USD and a couple hours later after two 1-hour test flights in different areas it's working for me with real barometric pressure, winds, and weather. I was aware of Nels post two days ago. I figured I have nothing to lose at this point. This has only happened in the last six hours as of this post time stamp and I will update with screenshots of before/after install. The update I thought I read was for a different product. Maybe they have a fix and just haven't announced it yet?

Well this answers it and I was not crazy: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/rexnews

Interesting. I had thought that they had always emailed me in the past when updates were out.

Oh well, glad it is working :D

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I did an ASOBO involuntary re-installed yesterday started around 14:30... 2am compleated with all updates, fired up the sim the real word weather worked just fine.... My gripe is losing an entire day to ASOBO!!!!!!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Guest Robert455

I put these kinds of things on Microsoft with Asobo caught in the middle. The November 18 date for a big release with a major activity module and aircraft (Reno) was set in stone a while back with no room for Asobo to miss that deadline. When you have a hard product launch, you push the best version of whatever is working out the door.

I am glad Microsoft is letting SU8 be bug fixes. It’s Microsoft’s update schedule and adding new features that is making 2020 unstable. I used to write software and got to see the never release / perfect code vs release / buggy code struggle first hand. Hard deadlines with demands for big new pieces of code and lots of existing bugs to clean up is just the best recipe for problems and this is being driven by Microsoft.

I’m no fan of Microsoft. Never have been. They’ve been dirty from the start. I put all these issues square on a corporation that divorced itself from Flight Simulator years ago. It’s now the best simulation I’ve ever flown, though, but I’d bet a donut all these bugs are really Microsoft’s fault even though they aren’t writing the code.

I put these kinds of things on Microsoft with Asobo caught in the middle. The November 18 date for a big release with a major activity module and aircraft (Reno) was set in stone a while back with no room for Asobo to miss that deadline. When you have a hard product launch, you push the best version of whatever is working out the door.

I am glad Microsoft is letting SU8 be bug fixes. It’s Microsoft’s update schedule and adding new features that is making 2020 unstable. I used to write software and got to see the never release / perfect code vs release / buggy code struggle first hand. Hard deadlines with demands for big new pieces of code and lots of existing bugs to clean up is just the best recipe for problems and this is being driven by Microsoft.

I’m no fan of Microsoft. Never have been. They’ve been dirty from the start. I put all these issues square on a corporation that divorced itself from Flight Simulator years ago. It’s now the best simulation I’ve ever flown, though, but I’d bet a donut all these bugs are really Microsoft’s fault even though they aren’t writing the code.

good points and I agree, ultimately it all comes down to MS since they hold the purse strings on ASOBO, putting ASOBO under pressure to produce to unrealistic deadlines.... and we the customers are the ones that suffer...... When Ace Studio made the sims they had bugs but Ace got on top of them very quickly, this sim seems to be plagued with bugs after bugs and on top of bugs more bugs...... and it gets very tiresome this end trying to overcome said bugs...... I've enjoyed some good moments in the sim but always they are overshadowed with gremlins!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Guest Robert455

Agreed. I think the marketing department may not realize the damage they are doing to the brand but do put this squarely on them. The software bugs are driving people away from 2020. For some it just works, but for too many it may not even be functional. These are all self-inflicted wounds. And letting major bugs persist over multiple releases is inexcusable and just stokes the fires. The multiplayer bugs have been a huge issue.

Hard to know if they know or care, or if this is just considered acceptable and maximizes profits. Marketing types are all about where lines cross and a cold and impersonal calculation between hiring more programmers and slowing things down to get better code, or pushing the programmers as hard as possible to maximize features that can be sold regardless of how well they work.

It’s impossible to know how much of this is part of their process but they are losing customers. Their own board is full of complaints and people rage-quitting and they have to to be aware of that. But for those who can keep it running it’s an amazing experience, but you almost need to be a computer tech to sort it out when it doesn’t work. Been through that dance a number of times myself.

At least there is P3D and XPlane to keep those flying who have major issues with 2020.

Apparently SU8 will be a purely bug-fix release.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64