When they announce a new MSFS update

is it just me? I call it the Asobo Blues! lol

Asobo-blues.jpg

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

My system has been unchanged since MSFS came out in August 2020, but my experience with "upgrades" has been inconsistent and unpredictable. One of them (SU5, I think), rendered my sim unusable until they put out a "hotfix" days later. This last one ("Game of the Year Edition") went smoothly, and the sim seems to be working fine, so far. (Knock on wood.) But you never know.

Related Q: Eventually, they will fill up my entire 2T hard drive, right? So is it OK to just delete folders you know you will not use -- Discovery flights, e.g.; many redundant liveries.

Related Q: Eventually, they will fill up my entire 2T hard drive, right? So is it OK to just delete folders you know you will not use -- Discovery flights, e.g.; many redundant liveries.

Of course it is OK, I do It all the time, and not only discovery flights or liveries: also lots of aircraft, airports, even entire world updates I will never use.

In fact I'm not interested in any extras included in this SU7, so I deleted everything but the mandatory part.

Only remember to delete all the unwanted ítems from the Content Manager, not manually in Windows.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

My system has been unchanged since MSFS came out in August 2020, but my experience with "upgrades" has been inconsistent and unpredictable. One of them (SU5, I think), rendered my sim unusable until they put out a "hotfix" days later. This last one ("Game of the Year Edition") went smoothly, and the sim seems to be working fine, so far. (Knock on wood.) But you never know.

That concerns me too, filling up the entire 2tb drive.... another expense and time!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Of course it is OK, I do It all the time, and not only discovery flights or liveries: also lots of aircraft, airports, even entire world updates I will never use.

In fact I'm not interested in any extras included in this SU7, so I deleted everything but the mandatory part.

Only remember to delete all the unwanted ítems from the Content Manager, not manually in Windows.

OK, but how do you know what's the "mandatory part"?

That concerns me too, filling up the entire 2tb drive.... another expense and time!

I don't see the basis of your concern. Currently my MSFS with all updates through SU7 takes up 171 GB on a 500 GB drive. Moreover, the last three updates combined have produced a net increase of less than 10 GB. So far, I have not deleted anything from my MSFS installation. I should add that all my add-ons are stored on a different drive from MSFS, and I use Addon Manager to provide links to them.

Edited by cobalt

Guest Robert455
For whatever it’s worth, SU8 is supposed to be bug fixes. I don’t know if that’s exclusively or if there will still be added features to introduce more bugs. Not until February, I believe.