New electric "Volocopter" in MSFS

It looks like a big two-passenger drone. I was able to take off, but I couldn't figure out how to fly it. Does anybody here know how?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Guest Robert455

If you’ve ever flown a hobby drone it’s kind of like that. It’s also a bit like a helicopter but there isn’t any torque from the main rotor to be countered by a tail rotor so no dancing on the rudder pedals. Those just control yaw/heading. Your throttle takes you up and down somewhat like a regular helicopter. The stick acts somewhat like the stick in a helicopter.

The Volocopter in the sim may be somewhat bugged, though. I’ve seen a number of complaints but also bet few have flown one to know. It does feel a bit heavy and unresponsive to me compared to how hobby drones fly though I wouldn’t expect it to be that responsive.

Mine doesn't even work. I am wondering if it works like a helicopter with cyclic, rudder and collective or...? I just know I can't even get airborne. On another note, any helicopter I have acts extremely un-helicopterlike anyway.
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Repaints for your favorite pizza delivery here...

https://flightsim.to/c/liveries/volocity/

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

My TrackIR doesn't work with the Volocopter (it does with every other airframe I have). Anyone else get TrackIR to work with the Volocopter?

After a few tries, I've noticed it will intermittently work upon launch of the flight but then quits working not long into it. I haven't seen this on any of the other aircraft I fly in this sim. Hmmm.

Thought I'd try this for sightseeing once I've landed my main aircraft, rather than use the drone camera. At least with the Volocopter I can follow my progress on LNM and view the touristy bits.

However it is quite slow and has only enough "power" for 20 mins - once it quits there is no control whatsoever, unlike a chopper and you crash! No mid-air refuelling optioneither!

I'm not really a heli pilot but it does seem to use similar control inputs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi have an SG906 quad drone and fly it quite frequently in my back yard and at the cottage.

I have a Wingman cordless control in FS2020, it is very similar to the remote control for the SG906.

The flight behavior of the Volocity Aircraft in FS2020 is remarkably similar and the performance is similar to the SG906 at 1/2 power. I also fine that I can fly for about an hour then it stops and crashes.

Looking at the aircraft specs, it says it has an endurance of 1 hour. That means the motors overheat in that time so you should land and allow them to cool down before they quit.

I Like its maneuverability and I can view the amazing detail of places by hovering or flying at a slow speed with complete control. I am really enjoying tis aircraft.

If I want to fly long distances at fast speeds I select an airplane, like I would do in real life.

It's amazing how real to life FS2020 is.

two thumbs up :0)