Best monitor or tv for viewing FS2020

When Covid hit I dug out my old FS9 which I rarely used and got it hooked up to an old Dell Vista machine with a cheap graphics card. I had an older LG 55 inch TV sitting around so I used a HDMI cable from the Dell to the LG and used this as my monitor. It was ok but not clear like Directv would be on it. SO my question is can you use a TV as a monitor or does a monitor have special settings to use with a computer that it shows a good picture. Does anyone use a TV as a monitor? I'm thinking due to the old software FS9 and the old Dell Vista and the amount of Memory and simple graphics card is the issue for not a really great picture. If I get FS2020 I want to take advantage of a great display. I'm not really a fan of a 24 inch monitor or even hooking up 3 to make a U for viewing so looking for anyone who uses a TV or can you and get a great picture, I don't know would it show in 4K?

Thanks for any info or suggestions for the best TV or Monitor system.

Sterk03

First, we need a lot more information! Use the link to download the FREE version of Speccy.

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

Run the app and make a screenshot of the first screen report.

Beyond that, we have no idea what resolution you have set in FS9, what 55" TV you are using, and what monitor you would want to run. This is a difficult question as posted, as we have no idea what your budget is for a new machine. I know your old machine won't run it, Windows 10 updated is required. A new system to run MSFS at 1440p will be a lot less than a machine which can run at 4K.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

What resolution were you running when connected to the TV? How close were you sitting to it? And as plainsman says, you will need Windows 10 and a new machine for MSFS.

Many people do use TVs as monitors with their computers, and the image is nice and sharp, provided you have the right settings. The biggest difference between a monitor and TV is that monitors are designed to be used at closer distances, while a TV is aimed at being further away. This means that unless you are running at 4k resolutions, or higher these days, the closer you get to a TV the image will get noticeably blockier.