Flight Plan Magenta Line On G1000nxi

I installed the G1000nxi a couple of days ago. I like the graphics but there is a small problem. When I create a flight plan in the world map and start the aircraft, there is no magenta line in the map display for me to follow. Is that a bug with the G1000nxi or is it normal? Or am I doing something wrong (as per usual)?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Your flight plan should at least have a departure airport and an arrival airport to count as a valid flight plan, whether it's direct GPS, VOR or ILS.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I made a complete flight plan with a departure airport, an arrival airport, a SID departure, a STAR arrival, an ILS approach to the destination airport runway all on low altitude airways. I also add my altitude in the plan. Is there something I am leaving out? This works for the standard G1000 and displays a white/magenta track line to follow. It only displays a short magenta line on the departure airport runway only on the G1000nxi.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

The top photo shows my flight plan in the world map from my departure airport. The second photo shows my complete flight plan and route. The 3rd photo shows the STAR and approach to the runway. The 4th photo shows what I see with the default G1000 included with MSFS. You can see the white NAV line in the display showing me the route I need to follow either on autopilot or hand flying. The last photo shows there is no line (either magenta or white) for me to follow. Could you please respond? I really need to know if this is normal, or a bug or I am doing something wrong.

The NXi should display the full flight plan - try deleting it in Content Manager, restart the sim and then install the NXi again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks I will give it a try.

Thanks again. I followed your advise 6 times but it still ends up the same. I think I will just stick with the default G1000. Maybe a future update might correct this problem.

I really need to know if this is normal, or a bug or I am doing something wrong.

I think there may be some issue related to the data used by the NXi and the World Map flight data. I see that your FPL in the NXi MFD map ends with "manseq," which is not something to mess with, per Garmin. I don't really understand it but I've run into it before. I have a hunch that if you manually entered the same flight plan from the World Map into the NXi panel, instead of loading it into the plane from the World Map, you would see the entire plan on the NXi's map screen, instead of a flight plan that goes nowhere.

I just shared an instructional

about the NXi in another thread that I created today. The first part shows how to plot a flight plan in the NXi itself. Instead of loading your FPL from the World Map, try this: jot down all the waypoints, then back out of the World Map, restart your flight at the origin airport, and then enter the same information into the NXi. Good luck.
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Thank you for the reply. I watched your video. It is very good. I think your right and flight plans must be entered through the G1000nxi to show up. I will give this a try today and see what happens.

I will give this a try today and see what happens.

I tried to enter flight plan from your images into Navigraph, and ran into trouble at the waypoint "OZUDU." Navigraph dismissed it as an invalid waypoint because it had to be a "waypoint on a SID or STAR," and it may be that the G1000 NXi dismissed it as well, as I believe it relies on the same "AIRAC" data as Navigraph, which is periodically updated. This could have led to the NXi FPL ending in "MANSEQ" immediately after the RWY at Spokane. Just a hunch.

Just for the heck of it, I wrote a flight plan in Navigraph for Spokane to Portland, using the same departing and arrival runways, plus SID and STAR procedures that you used. Here's what I came up with:

Spokand to Portland.jpg

Below are all the waypoints included in this flight plan, per Navigraph :

KGEG RWY 21 GEG6 GEG ETFEM GRAPH V204 CFFMJ PSC VIRTU HHOOD HHOOD4 ILS RWY 28 (SHAFR)

To enter this FPL in the NXi flight plan menu, first type in your origin and destination airports and their runways. Then click on PROC to bring up the PROC screen and select your departure (GEG6). Then enter subsequent waypoints beginning with GEG through HHOOD. (V204 is an airway. I don't remember if you can enter it as you do other waypoints, but if you can't don't worry about it.)

Just to keep things linear, after you enter the last waypoint, HOOD, go to the PROC menu (where you selected your departure), and first select and enter your arrival--HHOOD4--and then your approach, ILS RWY 28.

I will try this myself, just to confirm that it works. In the meantime, good day and good luck.

Edited by Aptosflier
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Thank you so much. This is very nice of you! I will give this a try later today after I finish my household chores.

Thank you so much. This is very nice of you! I will give this a try later today after I finish my household chores.

Yeah, all those damn chores. They just get in the way. :cool:

I found the problem. It’s your departure procedure. It goes nowhere; ends with MANSEQ. Just leave it out. I’ll post screen shots later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what came up in NXi PROC menu when I began the flight plan with GEG6, the Spokane departure procedure:

Spokane departure MANSEQ resized.jpg

Note that this departure ends at MANSEQ, which is not a waypoint. It won't take you any farther than a mile or two beyond the RWY, if that. I ignored the option to "load" this departure, because I doubted it would've ever connected with the rest of the FPL.

Instead, I entered the first waypoint, GEG, and this is what came up on the map:

FPL minus departure GEG6.jpg

Then I entered all the other waypoints and Portland arrival and approach procedures, with this result:

Spokane to Portland FPL.jpg

After that, I took off in the G58 and "flew" the 255 miles to Portland, with a nice view of Mt. Hood (skied there in July once) poking through the clouds:

Mt. Hood.jpg

Then on final approach to ILS RWY 28L, I thought the G58 was a bit too high when I came off autopilot. (The PAPI lights were wrong: three reds and one white, I think. They should've been two and two.) So I tried to shed some altitude by easing back on the throttle, eased back too far, stalled, spun out, and crashed short of the runway; very frustrating after all the time I'd invested in the flight. :( But I learned a lesson: I should've used the trim wheel on my Logitech multifunction panel to point the nose down, instead of easing off the gas. Won't do that again.

I want to thank you again for all your hard work. I tried your suggestion this morning and it works. Fortunately I didn't crash and made the runway. Anyway, thanks again for sticking with it and teaching me a thing or two. I very much appreciate it.

I want to thank you again for all your hard work. I tried your suggestion this morning and it works. Fortunately I didn't crash and made the runway. Anyway, thanks again for sticking with it and teaching me a thing or two. I very much appreciate it.

You’re welcome. But it was hardly work. I’m going to fly the same final approach at Portland again, but from Eugene, via a different transition. When I screw up, like yesterday, I always return to the scene of my crime. Eugene is only 98 miles from Portland, a better origin point than Spokane, as the final few minutes on final approach are the point of this trip.

• 3 months later...
I create my flight plans in the World Map in MSFS. I don't use Little Nav Map, yet. When I create a Low Altitude Airway IFR flight plan from Spokane International Airport (KGEG) to Portland International Airport (KPDX) and get into the cockpit in the Baron 58, a waypoint or whatever it is, always appears in the in the flight plan on the G1000NXI map. It is called MANSEQ. It appears just after the end of the runway 21 at KGEG then the magenta line ends there. I can delete this inside the cockpit and the flight plan will re-appear. That's fine. But as I get closer to KPDX it appears again in the flight plan on the G1000 and makes the autopilot follow it off course instead of toward the airport. Anybody know what MANSEQ is? And how do I keep it out of my flight plan? I don't see it anywhere in my flight plan on the World Map otherwise I could delete it there. This only seems to happen in this one flight plan. I don't see it in the G1000 if I make a flight plan going from KPDX to KGEG or to any other destination for that matter. Any help would be much appreciated.

Anybody know what MANSEQ is? And how do I keep it out of my flight plan?

I believe "MANSEQ" stands for manual sequence. It's not a waypoint. It indicates a disconnect from the rest of your flight plan, where barring some correction, you would have to begin hand flying the plane. I've encountered it, but I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I haven't used the World Map for flight planning for some time. I use Navigraph for flight planning and manually enter the FPLs into the NXi. I don't think I've run into a MANSEQ since.

Thanks, Stephen. I guess I will start learning how to use Little Nav Map or Navigraph to create flight plans.

Thanks, Stephen. I guess I will start learning how to use Little Nav Map or Navigraph to create flight plans.

I tried Little Nav Map. It found its GUI (graphical user interface) complicated, cumbersome, and confusing. Navigraph is intuitive. Its GUI is easy to understand. It makes flight planning fun. The downside is you have to pay for it. An annual subscription is about $90/year (prices posted online are in euros). But you can pay for it monthly if you prefer. You could try it for a month, and if you like it and can afford it, sign up at the yearly rate, which is cheaper than paying by the month.

Navigraph integrates with MSFS. You can call up charts and flight plans in the sim. You can even open charts in the Working Title G3000 mod’s MFD, in the Daher TBM. (I don’t know if that’s also possible in the MSFS “stock” G3000.).

Thank you again, Stephen. I have been watching Youtube videos on Little NavMap and Navigraph\Simbrief all day and I think you are right. Being retired, it makes it tough to spend money on things like this especially with all the inflation going on and a wife who loves to spend money on herself but refuses to go back into the workforce while being too young to retire herself.