Douglas DC-4 (C-54) Cargo

ColR1948

Great set of the DC-4! Always enjoy seeing the cargo birds.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

That's a nice 4, I like the simple cargo livery, beautiful Colin! :cool::cool:

I agree with Jan! This once! That is a very nice presentation. And yes, a lot of air cargo companies do quite well with simple logos. After all, other than at the airport cargo loading centers, they're not often seen by the general public.

Great job Colin!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thank you, yes I've loaded many a freighter, some were rust buckets some no so. Most of them came in at night too and as you Michael, not often seen by the public. Used to get the odd ones come in from places you never heard of plus airlines you never saw before or after as well, those were doing a one off drop.

One springs to mind it came in early morning and the load was a lot of caged monkeys, we had to wear masks it stunk terrible, they were not going to any zoo so you can guess what their fate was. One time we were unloading these cylinders and one was broke open, it had a warning on saying it was radio active. The whole crew had to go to fire station to be hosed down then we all had to wait in a holding area to be cleared. The boss was going mad because he had other aircraft for us but we couldn't be released, we were happy we got a few hours off.

Col.

Thank you, yes I've loaded many a freighter, some were rust buckets some no so. Most of them came in at night too and as you Michael, not often seen by the public. Used to get the odd ones come in from places you never heard of plus airlines you never saw before or after as well, those were doing a one off drop.

One springs to mind it came in early morning and the load was a lot of caged monkeys, we had to wear masks it stunk terrible, they were not going to any zoo so you can guess what their fate was. One time we were unloading these cylinders and one was broke open, it had a warning on saying it was radio active. The whole crew had to go to fire station to be hosed down then we all had to wait in a holding area to be cleared. The boss was going mad because he had other aircraft for us but we couldn't be released, we were happy we got a few hours off.

Col.

Hey Col,

I live within a few miles of the UPS hub at SDF and close enough to the DHL hub at CVG, that I know several pilots from each and a few handlers for UPS. Yes, I've heard lots of horror stories about various cargo.

I carried some hazardous cargo in my day, but that was mostly things like WP, ammo, and plastic explosives but we knew when we were going to deal with them. (Basically resupply the troops,) so we were already prepared. Other than when a death-fall trap was left in the cabin when some of our ARVN "allies" left the plane after we transported them of course!

Two of my neighbors', a couple, took a early retirement from DHL from the extra money they (he and his wife who is also a pilot,) got in bonuses from when they flew into Iraq and places like that during those wars.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Larry, Ha Ha yes I was thinking all sorts of names then it hit me, course a pack mule carries all kinds of loads so I made it simple 'Cargo Mule'

I took out some of the windows too you notice, I've seen a few freighters like that with then blanked out or removed.

I also changed the props too, the ones on it had red spinners and I didn't like them on this one.

Col.