Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shuts down

We may be onto something then. Flight Sim doesn’t like overclocked hardware.

I mentioned to a colleague the other day that I once had problems with the sim crashing because I had tried running my Ram at the advertised speed of 3600. He persuaded me to have another go. So.. a couple of days ago I upped my ram speed again and I actually got more fps as a result… but then it crashed! I had several problems from then on and had to reset the cmos in the bios in the end.
    I’m running my ram at a lower speed now and the sim is working perfectly again.

If you used thr ASUS program to overclock, then I’d put everything back to default settings and see how the sim doees.

By the way, if you have only installed addons via the content manager then they won’t be the problem. It’s some of the free addons from various websites that you manually place in the community folder that you have to watch, but you haven’t got any so don’t worry.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

ok so uninstalling the asus software did not work!!

can i delete mfs and reinstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1313 View Post
    ok so uninstalling the asus software did not work!!

can i delete mfs and reinstall it?
    You can uninstall and reinstall it (I’ve done this more times than I can remember LOL) but I wouldn’t do it just yet as it’ll take a while, which I’m sure you already know.
    First thing, I’d go into the bios and check your Ram speed. If XMP is on, then turn it off. Also see if DRAM voltage is set to auto. If not, then that could be the problem.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.

ok i will do it now

i could not find xmp there is so much dam stuff in the bios omg!!! do people really know what all that is!!!

i did come across one thing it said dram was set to extreme and i put it at optimal rebooted and just restarted fs!!!!!!

STEVE HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED I AM FLYING AGAIN!!!!! OMG!!! I LOVE U!!! lol are u in ny i owe u a dinner cause i am the type that trying things never works i always wind up doing the extreme like uninstall fs and reinstall i always get the hard way !!!! today my lucky day!!!

man o man again thanks steve big time!! and all that helped!!!
    so again what ever i did must of put dram into extreme and just setting it back to optimal solved it!!!
    what a great day to fly!!!

The wifey just walked by the man cave and said y do u got a 15 year old ear to ear smile on!!! lmao i said oh hunny u got no idea !!! she goes are u flying again, i said yes but this is a special flight !!! this one is called FLIGHT OF THE SAVED AGGRAVITED SOLE!!!

Great!!! I’m so glad we solved it
    I know from my own experience that Ram speeds etc can cause so much trouble. Welcome back to the virtual skies!

Regards
    Steve

hey steve how come i cant find my fs folder on my c drive its the only drive i got ?? just would like to know in case..

On mine, it’s simply D:\\MSFS but yours will probably be something like…

C:\Users\*your pc*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Regards
    Steve

i dont have an appdata file under my name or anywhere

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast