Endless "Checking for Updates" screen. Sim will not start.

Hi Y'all,

I 'm in need of some friendly advice on the best instrument to use for doing fine adjustments on a PC running MSFS. Yesterday I downloaded and installed some freeware aircraft and the "Nordics" update from MS. Now when I go to load the sim, I get an endless "Checking for Updates" screen, and the sim will not load. I've disabled the freeware but to no avail, leaving me in need of advice on the proper adjustment tool. At present, my options are as follows 1) Double bit Woodsmans axe 2) 8 lb. Splitting Maul 3) Stihl 18" Chain Saw w/carbon steel blade. 4) 00 Buckshot delivered via Remington 870 12ga. pump. Ideally, 1/2 pound of C4 would do the job nicely but it's just not practical in my neighborhood. All suggestions considered.

So much for my warped sense of humor. Any help with the issue is appreciated.

Thanks, Rex

I remain leery of adding anything to MSFS that doesn't come directly fom the Microsoft store. Probably an over-reaction on my part, but that's how it is.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I remain leery of adding anything to MSFS that doesn't come directly fom the Microsoft store. Probably an over-reaction on my part, but that's how it is.

That's not an overreaction at all based on a year's worth of history of issues people with add-on aircraft and scenery have had after every major update (MS store download available or not). On top of that, we are at some point going to get an update to DX12 (was originally scheduled for July 27 for PC). If not fully vetted/tested prior to release on at least MS Store available add-ons, that can open a Pandora's Box to a whole new world of problems out there. We're going to find out.

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals