Slow checking for updates and loading.

Recently, it's sometimes taken a long time checking for updates. This happened before the last update. Today, it took 7 minutes checking for updates. Then another 5 minutes to get to the main menu. Is this just slow internet? My speed is 35 mbps, but last update I was only getting 2 mbps most of the time. I'm in the Philippines.

Thanks for all the help!

You’re welcome!

(People usually don’t reply unless they have the solution or a suggestion at least)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This is just speculation. I think since the XBOX crowd came in, the server demand has gone up beyond the ability to deliver in some areas. I don't notice a lot of difference here, maybe a little slower, but I think other parts of the country and some overseas locations are hit much harder.

Or it could be leprechauns?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

No worries.

Bob could be right about the servers being much busier now. Then again, I’ve noticed other slowdowns... for instance, there are long pauses now in the control settings page, especially when I first load it. Someone else on this forum said it wouldn’t even load.

Hopefully these things will get sorted in due course

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

No worries.

Bob could be right about the servers being much busier now. Then again, I’ve noticed other slowdowns... for instance, there are long pauses now in the control settings page, especially when I first load it.

I also think the servers are busier now, especially after 8pm UK time - my Azure text-to-speech server connection drops out and so does my data server connection. 8pm must be when Love Island starts or something and all males are banished from the living room (or wherever the TV is).

I think the long pauses in the control settings page are due to the sim looking online for settings to verify between Xbox and PC versions.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I think the long pauses in the control settings page are due to the sim looking online for settings to verify between Xbox and PC versions.

That’s a good point Tim, the control settings are stored in the cloud so I suppose it needs to send/receive your control settings, so if they are busy…

Regards

Steve