What Happened to Community Folder Mods?

Apologies for a bit too much enthusiasm in my last "MSFS Installation Problem" post...I blame it on relief, after 10+ days of wrestling with MSFS...

Now, after using the program for awhile, I've found I'm missing something that has always been there. Eleven Community folder mods do not appear when "Liveries" is clicked on in Content Manager. The latter shows the 11 as "Installed," but, they do not appear...

Has anyone else had this happen, and does anyone know how to get the mods back on the screen and in the game?..About the only advice I can find basically says, "Put add-on mods in the Community file and, when selected, they will appear in MSFS."...Unfortunately, I can't get them to do so...Can anyone offer a way to help me get them back?...Thanks for taking the time to help...

Lee Graves

Thanks JohnnyJohnJohn and Kelvinr for the comebacks...

My pattern for getting new mods into MSFS has always been: 1. Download mod (mostly from flightsim.to), 2. Open zip (if necessary), and 3. Install first file (mod title) into the Community folder. This routine produced a new mod in MSFS for me just about evey try (90+%)...This was true through MSFS v1.17.13.0...But, not now, in v1.18.14.0 (at least, not for me)...After activating a flight plan, I would click on the aircraft photo (upper left corner) and be taken to Content Manager, which would show me all available aircraft and liveries, including the one I just entered in the Community folder...

That's all changed now, in v1.18.14.0...Following the 3 steps above (and, I've unsuccessfully tried others), Content Manager says any new mods are either "Not Installed" / "Community," or, "Installed" / "Community."..I don't know why one has been installed and not another...

Anyway, bottom line is, I have NO add-on mods to choose from in MSFS. My only choices are what's in the Official file...Which is okay, I suppose, but I have some favorite planes, etc., which I would very much like to use in MSFS...And, shouldn't I be able to?...

So, what I would very much like Forum users to tell me is: Are you able to activate mods through the Community folder; and, how do you do it?...

Again, all help is appreciated...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)

I have 4 mods in my Community Folder. They are working.

I just unzip and then place them in the folder. I was using a Mod Manager, but I feel the update broke it, will look into that again.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks JohnnyJohnJohn and Kelvinr for the comebacks...

My pattern for getting new mods into MSFS has always been: 1. Download mod (mostly from flightsim.to), 2. Open zip (if necessary), and 3. Install first file (mod title) into the Community folder. This routine produced a new mod in MSFS for me just about evey try (90+%)...This was true through MSFS v1.17.13.0...But, not now, in v1.18.14.0 (at least, not for me)...After activating a flight plan, I would click on the aircraft photo (upper left corner) and be taken to Content Manager, which would show me all available aircraft and liveries, including the one I just entered in the Community folder...

That's all changed now, in v1.18.14.0...Following the 3 steps above (and, I've unsuccessfully tried others), Content Manager says any new mods are either "Not Installed" / "Community," or, "Installed" / "Community."..I don't know why one has been installed and not another...

Anyway, bottom line is, I have NO add-on mods to choose from in MSFS. My only choices are what's in the Official file...Which is okay, I suppose, but I have some favorite planes, etc., which I would very much like to use in MSFS...And, shouldn't I be able to?...

So, what I would very much like Forum users to tell me is: Are you able to activate mods through the Community folder; and, how do you do it?...

Again, all help is appreciated...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)

Lee, can you send me through a link to the mods (as long as they are not payware)and I'll take a look at them for you.

If they are payware then can you take screenshots of the folder structure and post here?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks again Kelvinr, for the new post...Is it enough if I list some of the mods I'm trying to install in MSFS? Then, perhaps, you can check them out at flightsim.to for more details? Most all of my airplane mods are downloads from that great source. If so, here goes...

1.) 787-livery-PANAM 2.) aaMasih Boeing 787 Southwest 3.) Asobo_b787_Norwegian 4.) Asobo_b787_QuantasMardiGras 5.) livery-b787-baw 6.) TheMaharaja_livery-B787-108K_RJA 7.) 787-livery-Delta 8.) B787-10 Delta Airlines 9.) B787-American Airlines chromed 10.) livery-b787-United Dreamliner 11.) aaMasih Boeing 787 LUFTHANSA 12.) 787-10-TWA

These are some of the mod titles (exact wording) I have placed in my Community folder. Content Manager says some are "Installed / Community" and others "Not Installed / Community." However, only 2 have been made available and can be flown in MSFS. (I don't have a clue why this happened. One day when I was checking the "Hangar," I clicked on Liveries" and there they were, pictured and available!)

I wasn't sure how to "...can you send me through a link to the mods...and I'll take a look at them for you," so I hope the list above gives you access to the details you need...Let me know if you need something else...

Many thanks Kelvinr, for taking the time to help me...Looking forward to your findings...

Lee Graves

For Kelvinr and anyone else who will take the time to help me get Community folder mods to properly appear in in MSFS...

This is what I have done (Please point out any mistakes, or a way of doing it better.):

1 Enter mod name in Community folder (C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community).

2. In MSFS, open the Hangar and click on "Liveries." All available aircraft/livery show in small individual windows across the bottom of the screen. I put 8 aircraft mods in the Community folder (All are listed as "Installed" / "Community" by Content Manager). But, of those, only 6 separate images appear on the Hangar screen. They seem complete and available for use...

However, something strange has happened to 4 of those aircraft. If you choose one them to show full-size in the Hangar, you will see they have wings that are painted with PINK blocks (did they form properly?) They can be selected and flown in MSFS; but, not likely what United, Southwest, TWA, or Lufthansa had in mind when they announced their latest paint schemes...

I get almost all of my liveries from flightsim.to (a great source). In MSFS v1.17.13.0, all performed as expected--no problems...Not the case (at least for me) in v1.18.14.0...

I have downloaded different liveries of the same aircraft--same outcome...I did get successful planes for PanAm and a nice-looking American Airlines B787 chrome model that have properly appeared and been usable in MSFS...

I hope someone can suggest a way for me to get my Community folder to function as intended...All help is very much appreciated...

Lee Graves

Does anyone know of a way to exchange the PINK wings I'm getting on some Community folder aircraft, with the actual airline-painted wings the plane is supposed to have? These planes are flyable and okay otherwise--just a BIT distracting when seen in flight!...Not all AC are like this, but many, and I don't know how to make them all normal...Can you help me?...Many thanks for trying...

Lee Graves

Headline from MS FLIGHT SIMULATOR FORUMS: "Wings Are Now Pink, Since su5"

The reason?--Asobo added some new lines of code in su5 that "re-painted" many AC livery wings pink...And, not just wings...Aircraft seats and other plane parts were included in the make-over...Bottom line seems to be that Asobo assumes no responsibility for their actions and has no intention of making corrections or adjustments; even if payware is damaged...

The entire MSFS Forum post:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/wings-are-now-pink-since-su5/429786

To quote some of the Forum contributors:

--"There isn't any way that Asobo will fix liveries. You’ll have to wait for all the authors to do that; and, you’ll either have to update all your liveries by replacing them with new versions, or make the necessary changes yourself. This is not Asobo’s issue. They made a change; now, everyone has to catch up."

--"Asobo has no responsibility for anything in your Community directory, including anything you’ve purchased from the Marketplace."

Fortunately, I have been able to replace 6 pink Community aircraft so far; with corrected replacements. And, flightsim.to is making additional replacement livery aircraft available, as their mod makers upload them...I have to say it: My MSFS skies are friendly, once again!...

Lee Graves