Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A cautionary tale...

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo212 View Post
    ...I found it better to install the sim on a separate drive to the OS just seems better and the community folder is easier to find,
    I have pinned the Community folder to the Start Menu so it is only a click away.

Yes i new that was possible but what I was getting at I found it was better to install the sim on a dedicated drive away from the operating system if that makes sense.
    Kind regards
    Andrew

I bought MSFS Premium Deluxe from the MS Store during the early purchase period. Before then I was flying Prepar3d v5.1. I have been flying the Microsoft Sims since MS95. I've been building my own Sim rigs since 1997. My system now: AMD 2700, 32GB ram, 2070GPU. WIN 10 20H1. Not top of the line, but no slouch. ALL apps and Windows kept up to date. Few problems with MSFS, even when others have had problems. However, like the OP. this last update to SU5, which I attempted after Windows update 07/27/21, I couldn't even load the Sim. Which had worked flawlessly before the WIN updated. It would just go to the Store. Period. now, the Store won't even update. So, those who are not having problems, great, but don't say just because you aren't, don't assume others aren't.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back in March or whenever it was that most people's FPS dropped into single figures, everyone with top end systems were saying "no problems here" and posting screenshots all over the place showing their 50-60fps over New York on Ultra. The boot's on the other foot now, which proves that what goes around, comes around.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Hi Thats a bit Nasty tiger not like you lol

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Back in March or whenever it was that most people's FPS dropped into single figures, everyone with top end systems were saying "no problems here" and posting screenshots all over the place showing their 50-60fps over New York on Ultra. The boot's on the other foot now, which proves that what goes around, comes around.
    It think the goal should have been for the boot's to be on both feet

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I am getting 50-60 FPS over New York (and London, Paris, and San Francisco) on Ultra, post-SU5. Before SU5, I was gettiing 30-35 in those places. Good computer, but not what I would call high-end.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super
    Last edited by cobalt; 08-03-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super
    Be thankful you got your Alienware. I tried to get an Area 51 top end they had advertised. They pulled a bait and switch, so I cancelled my order and got my liquid cooled system I have now. It was a nightmare going through alienware, I'll never buy anything from them again, and had one of theirs once already. But the way they were with this last sale, sadly not at all. I'm sticking with Thermaltake from now on.

I went through Origin and have basically the same system as yours except for a 10900k on the cpu. They took forever but I am glad I went with them. Having built my on rigs in the past I went through it with a fine tooth comb and could not find a single build flaw. They even did a burn in and set the bios up correctly. Even if I had been a noob there would have been no problem. Literally plug and play

Quote Originally Posted by JSkorna View Post
    MSFS is a great sim and has worked for me from day 1 and every update has not caused any issues. Do not believe everything you read on the Internet.
    It's not about anything we "read on the internet." This is from experience and mostly from people on forums like this that have experienced the same issues, no matter what kind of PC they have. MSFS2020 is chocked full of issues. I'm glad it works for you but you are one person and actually in the minority.
    Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast