General Questions from "old timer" about MFS2020 on XBOX

I have flown almost every MFS version since the beginning. Once MFSX came out, I really got into it. I started flying for several different VA'S and really enjoyed the experience. I kind of went idle once I started hearing about a new version coming out and really went idle once I found out my i7 wouldn't come close to running it...Now that I have seen the countless YouTube videos the last few days on gameplay with Xbox X and S, I can say that I am truly blown away. I don't have the desire to spend $4K and do all the "tweeks" necessary to run the game on a PC, so I am playing with the idea of buying an Xbox X or S just to play the new sim.

QUESTIONS for the Crowd

-Are there any thoughts on VA's being able to track/accept flights on Xbox?

-Where do you guys think this is going from here? Especially multiplayer wise.

-Being "old school" I would rather have it on a PC, but the cost factor to run the game correctly is HUGE....I can't imagine I am alone in this thinking.

Thoughts welcomed,

Todd

Hi Todd, I bought an Xbox Series X last year at launch and the sim runs superbly on it.

Multiplayer is built-in, and there certainly are VA's using MSFS. They use websites for their management systems which you can access on Xbox through the built-in Microsoft Edge browser.

Try searching the Clubs and Groups section on the official flightsimulator.com forums:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/flying/clubs-groups/157

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Todd, just out of curiosity.. what spec is your i7? Mainly which i7... which graphics card & how much Ram?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles