Is It OK to Delete Stuff from the Official Folder?

I've been told here that having a lot of add-ons in the Community folder increases your load time. (OK, there were some dissenting views.) Well, what about the Official folder? I looked it over today, and there's an awful lot of stuff I won't use -- in particular, a few ugly liveries for the default aircraft.

Can't I just toss them (or move them somewhere out of the sim)? Same with bush flights.

Yes you can, but the next Sim Update will replace them all and take even longer than usual to install.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes you can, but the next Sim Update will replace them all and take even longer than usual to install.

Replace them, I get. But "longer than usual"? Why so?

BTW, It takes me about 5 minutes on average to get to the Home screen. Then about 2 minutes to load a flight. So a CTD is a major PITA.

Also BTW: I believe I've read there's to be a big update Tuesday. Good to know.

Longer than usual because the update will re-install all of your default aircraft and liveries if any are missing.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've been told here that having a lot of add-ons in the Community folder increases your load time. (OK, there were some dissenting views.) Well, what about the Official folder? I looked it over today, and there's an awful lot of stuff I won't use -- in particular, a few ugly liveries for the default aircraft.

Can't I just toss them (or move them somewhere out of the sim)? Same with bush flights.

If you delete stuff crudely from the Official folder, you're compromising the software integrity, so you're risking problems and (as Tiger said) it will try to repair itself by reinstalling all the recoverable missing stuff at the first available chance.

What you should do instead is deleting all the unwanted items from the Content Manager within game. This way you can be sure you won't delete any mandatory files, and the deleted items won't be reinstalled every time.

Believe me, I've deleted this way most of the default stuff I won't use, and it works perfect.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

If you delete stuff crudely from the Official folder, you're compromising the software integrity, so you're risking problems and (as Tiger said) it will try to repair itself by reinstalling all the recoverable missing stuff at the first available chance.

What you should do instead is deleting all the unwanted items from the Content Manager within game. This way you can be sure you won't delete any mandatory files, and the deleted items won't be reinstalled every time.

Believe me, I've deleted this way most of the default stuff I won't use, and it works perfect.

Thanks. That makes sense. I had removed one livery from Official to see if is replaced by the next update, but I shall replace it ASAP.