Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS9 Autogen objects with black squares

No!

Christopher Tarana

Quote Originally Posted by CTarana45 View Post
    No!

Christopher Tarana
    Could you expand on that? Asking for a friend.
    "For every problem, no matter how complex, there is
    always a solution that is simple, well reasoned, elegant
    and wrong . . ."
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by CTarana45 View Post
    No!

Christopher Tarana

Que??!!

mrichie

Very strange that a Win10 update can cause what look like alpha channel problems in certain texture files belonging to a non-internal Windows program like FS9.

In my experience such textures (with transparant black areas and alpha channels) can only have their transparancies messed up by programs, which re-define texture files in bulk, e.g. from one compression form to another.
    Previous correctly rendered transparant black areas in those textures are in unpredictable cases then changed into other types of black, which can then no longer be rendered as transparant or have had their alpha channels removed. Hence, only some of your textures being rendered with non- or no longer alpha channeled black squares. Particularly notorious are partially alpha channeled textures which should render as, e.g. circular flood lighted apron areas at night.

However, in your case you seem to have resolved your problem anyway by reverting back to an earlier version of Win10 but to me it remains very strange indeed that ONLY this action resolved your texture problem. Anyway, all is well that ends well. and thats the main thing.

Happy landings.

Hans

Thanks for that Hans. After Recovery I went to the GTX site to check for latest graphic driver and let it do an auto install. Then took the rig off line. The dire warning message no longer appeared when running FS9. I took it to "my guy" who built the machine just to get someone with a deeper understanding look at it. He theorizes that when WIN10 did the Update and Patches it looked at the GTX driver and decided to install a generic driver or an older GTX version from the MS files. Just a theory. Or, he explained, MS is prepping Win 10 machines for Win 11 update next year and that may have messed with the graphic settings. All this above my pay grade. Interesting that my version of WIN10 Pro will not allow auto download and install update to be turned OFF. Only postponed several months or a year. While other WIN10 Pro versions still have that option: Turn Off updates and give user control. So back to sneaker net and thumb drive if I need to download anything for FS9. Yea. I maybe the last FS9 user in North America in a couple years. Cant help myself. Thanks again Hans for the answer and taking the time to help out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12