MSFS Bridges and Waves

Besides the third part bridges I have found and installed do you think MS will fix the bridges that look like dams. I remember FS9 not having bridges at all and they came up with a patch to add them. I also noticed the ocean waves at the shoeline not moving like the nice foam effect in FXS and FS9. I wish I knew more about adding scenery and effects I would add them myself.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

We can only hope. There’s a possibly we’ll get better waves with the big update on 27th, but I can’t see them fixing the bridges so soon.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Not to complain but I fail to understand why the programmers couldn't or wouldn't do a better job since these features have been accomplished in the past and not to get to involved this new flight simulator was only created to make money on their part and as the consumer well I was a carpenter and if I did a sub standard job I didn't get paid if you know what I mean and we did pay a hundred bucks for the premium program I am a little disappointed. I wish I knew more and could designed the fix for everybody for free like so many free additions I have gotten from the good people here.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

MSFS scenery (and weather) works in a very different way to previous sims. The bridges seem to be connected somehow to the water itself, maybe it's to do with the sim Effects which aren't completed yet. Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If you feel the bridges issue needs sorting out as a priority then its probably best to start a wishlist thread and hope it gets enough votes that Asobo look at it. I am sure others will feel that there are other more pressing issues right now. That's not to say that it doesnt bother me too though,

It is just that AS seem to use the voting system to prioritise their work.

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A good point Keith! There's a thread already where you can vote and here it is:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cant-fly-under-bridges/124631

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

A good point Keith! There's a thread already where you can vote and here it is:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cant-fly-under-bridges/124631

Unfortunately it says it all. 258 votes , it's not going to happen anytime soon.

My similar immersion killer gripe is the static wheels of the pushback tugs. Also not likely to happen [emoji852]

I'm not meaning to be negative, i am just a realist. [emoji4]

Keep flying

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I do try to keep the glass half full and I do have to say a lot of features in MSFS like the thunder and lightning wow just wish we could combine all the good from FS9, FSX and MSFS add REX textures and Active Sky Weather engine now that would make a simulator!

Mike G.

One more thing that just hit me. is it not illegal to fly under bridges? Maybe that is why MS did what they did with the bridges. To many of us where flying under them. I remember the first time I tried to fly FS9 under the San Diego bridge and hit an invisible wall!

Mike G.