I finally stepped up after years of FS9 and FSX. I do have a couple concerns. 1. The boot up time Gees I that FS9 was slow and 2. Are they going to fix the bridges? Remember FS9 had no bridges until the made a fix. I have downloaded the 100 some free addon bridges very nice and some of the default bridges are good but what happened? For the most part very nice graphics now if I could combined the good parts of FS9,FSX and MSFS that would be something like I run FSX with three monitors and wondered is it possible with MSFS full screen not windowed mode?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Hi,

multiple monitor support will be included sometime, but for the moment the only way is in windowed mode with the image stretched across three screens. Obviously it’s not perfect but that’s what I was doing for a few months (before changing to VR). Having the image stretched across still gives a sense of immersion

As for bridges... well we’ll just have to wait. Unlike FS9 and FSX, it’$ a work in progress. They’ve promised to keep updating for many years to come.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

What storage device are you using? If you are loading off an HDD, the boot time will become very annoying.

BTW, your specs say Windows 7 but I take it that is wrong, you are now in Windows 10?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

What storage device are you using? If you are loading off an HDD, the boot time will become very annoying.

BTW, your specs say Windows 7 but I take it that is wrong, you are now in Windows 10?

Ah, those computer specs are for my other FS9, FSX. I needed a new laptop for personal work and banking and since MSFS requires windows 10. I did not want to upgrade that computer besides MSFS requires a lot more memory as well so I bought the

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD - Prism Gray (Runs a little hotter 808-85* but I read that is normal and as you see it has plenty of memory I slave it to my desktop monitor as well with a KVM switch)

so I could check out MSFS before I decided to build another expensive simulator. (My wife asked me why I needed such a powerful computer just for our online banking I told her we had a lot of serious banking to do!)

That is another drawback not being able to run it on windows 7. That is a very stable platform as for years of updates well I am 65 years old so like though I hope I will be flying another fifteen years I used to work construction and the pile drivers union could build bridges faster the microsoft though the third party folks and my hat is off to them have done a nice job with the 119 I downloaded from flightsim.to.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Pardon the intrusion into your conversation,

I have not taken the plunge yet into MSFS 2020.

What are the minimum and optimal computer specs to be able to enjoy it?

I am running an MSI A320 Pro MB, Ryzen 3, 3.6Ghz Quad Core CPU, 8Gigs of RAM, GeForce GTX1030-2Gig Video Card.

Have 550Gbts of HD space on 1TB HD.

400Meg Bandwidth

Oops! Windows 10X64.

Edited by Jarhead1971

I am running an MSI A320 Pro MB, Ryzen 3, 3.6Ghz Quad Core CPU, 8Gigs of RAM, GeForce GTX1030-2Gig Video Card.

I’m not an expert, but I think you’re probably about the minimum requirements.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013463459-Minimum-Recommended-and-Ideal-PC-Specifications-for-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

Another thing though, which you haven’t said.... it requires Windows 10, so if you haven’t got that you will need to install it.

You want to be nearer the recommended specs really (or higher if poss)

What you could do, it sign up for an Xbox game pass (on your pc) for 1 month’s trial. It’s only £1 / $1 for a month, which will mean you try out the standard edition of MSFS. Just remember to cancel before the month is up.

Remember, on July 27th a big update is due... which is supposed to improve performance. You may want to hang on until then.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

No problem. I’d wait until the 27th & sign up for the game pass trial. You may find that it runs fine on low-medium settings... which will probably be better than FSX does on maximum settings :)

I have had every version of Flight Sim since FS4 & each one has impressed me.. none so much though as this latest edition. It’s mind blowing (mind you.. I was blown away by FS4! LOL)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Have 550Gbts of HD space on 1TB HD.

400Meg Bandwidth

Oops! Windows 10X64.

Hey Mr. Jarhead. I'd be a little concerned about the GPU. I assume you meant GT1030, since I don't think a GTX1030 exists? I'm afraid that's well below the minimum recommended spec (which is a GTX770; a much more powerful card, contrary to Nvidia's confusing nomenclature). And I'm not saying this as a GPU snob, since my card is 6 years old and holding on by thread.

But try the game pass thing and see how it goes. It's essentially free (1 buck or so) for a month.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I installed FSX tonight. Something I haven’t done for a couple of years & never on my current pc.

For the first time ever, I managed to have all the settings on their absolute maximum.

I then compared it with MSFS (FS2020) with it’s settings on low, off or minimum.

Wow.. FS2020 is so good! :)

Regards

Steve

Boy, you nailed it. Your video says it all. I am a grizzled veteran of 14 years with FSX (and FS9 before that) and know that both of these were great sims for their time, especially when enhanced with Ultimate Terrain, high-res mesh, and many other add-ons. Until a year ago, I assumed that the future in flight simming would bring further incremental improvements with periodic new editions of FSX, X-plane, and others. Then came MSFS2020 and I realized that it was not just a better sim, but took me into a whole new experience I never expected I would live to see. What a blast!

This website has a simple system test to verify if your rig can run MSFS 2020 -

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-system-requirements

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx