How to Turn Off Unwanted AI Traffic? I DID Change Settings in Aircraft .CFG Already

Yet, the aircraft I turn off still show up in the new sim. It totally disregards my deactivating settings in the aircraft .CFG file, so I have an F15 sitting at Block Island State which should not be there.

Anyone know what to do about this? I don't want to turn on Generic Traffic for I love my love traffic, but this is one of those things that the sim just doesn't seem to recognize is deactivating traffic settings. Any help would be great, thanks!

Not sure if it helps, but my system info is in the signature, and I am NOT offering $100 bucks an hour for the services received with helping me out. :) :D

This is totally ruining immersiveness. :(

SoOeR60.png

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I don’t know how to go about it, but I totally agree with you. I have quite a variety of aircraft and I’m always seeing F15’s... Typhoons... etc, sat at civilian airports. I’ll have to see if I can find a way to stop them popping up everywhere.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Open the aircraft.cfg of each unwanted AI plane, e.g. F15, and change this line: isAirTraffic=1 to: isAirTraffic=0.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim, he said he already tried that? Maybe he should check that the file saved correctly after the change?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Tim, he said he already tried that? Maybe he should check that the file saved correctly after the change?

Hi Bob.. yes sir. It does save after the change, but line be hold, I open the sim, they’re there. The same at military airports, my civilian aircraft litter those airfields as well like Area 51 which totally ruins the immersion.

Let’s hope we can solve this for all, huh Steve? I’m sure if you and I have it everyone does. Thanks Tim, but that has been done.

Edited by JohnnyJohnJohn
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

The next step would be to change icao_generic = 1 to icao_generic = 0, again in each aircraft.cfg file, in the [GENERAL] section.

I've just installed the new Russian Live Traffic System from flightsim.to which uses freeware FSX AI aircraft - it's fantastic, I didn't notice any FPS impact even at Heathrow. It includes all models and liveries, just copy and paste one folder into your Community folder. Brilliant.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The Russian Live Traffic sounds interesting, I shall check it out. Thanks Tim.

Just flown over my work in the excellent Airbus H135. I can't keep away LOL

There's a small, farm strip nearby (Walton Wood) so thought I'd land there.

I couldn't believe it.. guess what was parked up?

Walton Wood.jpg

It disappeared when I switched from VR to 2D mode though.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

The Russian Live Traffic sounds interesting, I shall check it out. Thanks Tim.

Sorry but it's been suspended due to AIG making copyright infringement claims. Again.

One of the comments below AIG's objection says that AIG object to anyone else producing an AI package, but can't produce one themselves - and I'm coming round to that point of view myself.

Oh well, never mind. You can’t blame them I suppose.

Thanks Tim.

Regards

Steve

It's a shame because the RLTS worked really well. Just another thought on the F-15 AI's everywhere - have you changed isAirTraffic=1 to isAirTraffic=0 for every F-15 livery including all add-on F-15 liveries?

I have just gone through the aircraft.cfg file for all my F15’s and “isAirTraffic” was already equalling 0 for all of them.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

I don't know of any other .cfg file setting that would cause it to keep appearing as AI, do you have any other AI program or mod installed?

Nope, no AI addons or mods at all. It’s a strange one isn’t it?

On a slightly different note... the sim is working very well at the moment! It seems to be loading much quicker than normal and it’s much smoother (except when I use OBS to capture it)

Only thing I’ve done is install Windows update (KB5004945) earlier this afternoon. It’s certainly going into VR mode much quicker & smoother than before.

All the sims graphics settings are the same.. most on Ultra, as before.

Edit: just started at London City - it’s not quite as smooth now

Regards

Stevd

Edited by g7rta

Have you tried turning Off the AI Aircraft in the General Options Menu, Traffic, Aviation Traffic, Aircraft Type? If that works for you, don't forget to Save the Changes.. Edited by Gpurg
AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics 2.90 - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD, 1TB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 Home - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on High and Many on Ultra, with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.

Have you tried turning Off the AI Aircraft in the General Options Menu, Traffic, Aviation Traffic, Aircraft Type? If that works for you, don't forget to Save the Changes..

It’s more the static aircraft / ground traffic. You can turn it off no problem but then of course you won’t see any. The issue is, with it on you don’t just see regular aircraft... you get military jets parked up too.. at civilian airports.. even little farm strips as I discovered today, which of course is unrealistic.

Regards

Steve

It’s more the static aircraft / ground traffic. You can turn it off no problem but then of course you won’t see any. The issue is, with it on you don’t just see regular aircraft... you get military jets parked up too.. at civilian airports.. even little farm strips as I discovered today, which of course is unrealistic.

Steve and Johnny, according to the flightsimulator.com forums, the AI system is broken or bugged at the moment and that's why isAirTraffic=0 doesn't work anymore.

However, a member named FerrariFireF1 had this exact problem with the Bird Dog and here's how he fixed it:

"Delete the Bird Dog* in Content Manager.

Set generic AI traffic to off.

Restart the sim.

Re-install the Bird Dog*.

Set generic AI traffic to on.

Change amount of ground planes.

Start a new flight with a default plane.

And the generic airliners should be back."

He doesn't say if this fix is temporary or permanent, you might have to do this before every flight until Asobo patches it :mad:

Cheers Tim, I shall give it a go later :)

Regards

Steve

Steve and Johnny, according to the flightsimulator.com forums, the AI system is broken or bugged at the moment and that's why isAirTraffic=0 doesn't work anymore.

However, a member named FerrariFireF1 had this exact problem with the Bird Dog and here's how he fixed it:

"Delete the Bird Dog* in Content Manager.

Set generic AI traffic to off.

Restart the sim.

Re-install the Bird Dog*.

Set generic AI traffic to on.

Change amount of ground planes.

Start a new flight with a default plane.

And the generic airliners should be back."

He doesn't say if this fix is temporary or permanent, you might have to do this before every flight until Asobo patches it :mad:

Thanks Tim I’ll give it a try later when at my PC So many bugs with this sim they even break their traffic system. I like the better AI models though does this mean I won’t have the better and just generic?

Sorry I can't say, I only have the Islander and Bandeirante payware planes and isAirTraffic=0 seems to work on those - up to now that is!

Sorry I can't say, I only have the Islander and Bandeirante payware planes and isAirTraffic=0 seems to work on those - up to now that is!

Yup - see what we mean? The sim is a mess with how they break it! They need to fix, ASAP. I have all Orbx airports for Prepar3d, etc....I'd hate to sound like a broken record like other forum members but I do love this sim, so I don't want to leave it. Wonder when Asobo plans on fixing this aspect they broke???