FSX suddenly stopped working

sapphire

2 days ago my FSX was working fine !

Today, I went to load it up and it will no longer load, all I get is the Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX initial logon screen then it disappears and nothing loads.

I run an high end windows 10 64 bit ASUS laptop with Nvidia GEFORcE GTX.

I have totally uninstalled FSX and FSX Acceleration, re-installed it all and still it will not load.

FS2004 works perfectly well though.

With thanks for any help

If it crashes after the Splash screen, the most common problem is a corrupt logbook.bin file located in Flight Simulator X folder in My Documents. Remove that file or delete it and restart your Sim.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have on my laptop with windows 10 - Computer/Documents but no Microsoft Flight Simulator X files - just what i pasted above.

Anyway - I have totally uninstalled FSX and all associated files - re-installed FSX and still it does not work.

At least I still have FS2004

It's a folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X located in MY DOCUMENTS. Worst case, use your search function to find that folder! Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

On Windows 10 I dont think there is a MY DOCUMENTS folder - just Documents

And there is no Flight Simulator X file in there.

I think I will just forget the whole issue

Thank you for all your help and understanding

Kind regards

Sapphire, I noticed you have a Nvidia graphics card. The same thing happened to me last Sunday. Worked in the morning, in the afternoon, FSX-SE would crash at load banner. Found out that the cause was the latest Nvidia video driver..471.11. I rolled it back to 466.77 and FSX loaded fine without issue. Nvidia's GFE had updated the latest graphics driver. For some reason, that toasted FSX starting routine. I didn't have to reinstall FSX, only revert the graphics driver. I even ran Steam's file integrity and it found nothing wrong..

Hope this helps.....good luck...tp

Edited by simtech95209

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

It was EXACTLY that - a Nvidia driver update !!!!!!!

A day back Nvidia updated to driver 471 - i have now rolled it back to 466 and all works fine again

I shall be raising this issue with Nvidia

Many thanks for all the help on here

I have had the same issue for about a week now. I finally got it corrected and back up and running. My issue was a Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1081 update that was applied on 6/23/21. I used the system restore point that was made prior to installing this update and VIOLA, FSX Lives Again.. Just thought I would pass this on to help.

Craig

I have had the same issue for about a week now. I finally got it corrected and back up and running. My issue was a Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.1081 update that was applied on 6/23/21. I used the system restore point that was made prior to installing this update and VIOLA, FSX Lives Again.. Just thought I would pass this on to help.

Craig

My bad, It was the video driver for my Nvidia cards. My rollback to the earlier date just happened to also include the driver update. I currently have the version 466.77 driver and all is well again. Driver Version 471.11 was the update responsible for it hanging at the splash screen.

It was EXACTLY that - a Nvidia driver update !!!!!!!

A day back Nvidia updated to driver 471 - i have now rolled it back to 466 and all works fine again

I shall be raising this issue with Nvidia

Many thanks for all the help on here

If you would post please exactly which 466 driver you installed. I tried 466.71. no joy. Thanks, Joy again it's working. Thanks to all.

Edited by Mowgli22
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)