Gaming Services may have possibly ended my MSFS use on this PC. There is no effective repair of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I don't understand why. I have reached out to them to try to fix the issue of Non-Run to no avail. I have even scoured my drives of any trace of the game and then re-installed it. A process that took a few hours from the discs. It still won't run. I have tried rolling back my PC. I have tried everything short of formatting my drives. I spent well over $1000 that I really didn't have, to use Flight Simulator. I have used MSFS since the 90's. I have never experienced a scenario where, not only can I not run Flight Simulator but I can't even reinstall it. I want my money back. If anyone wants theirs back plus all the time and frustration, speak up. I know I'm not the only one who has had it with these people. MSFS is a mess!! :mad:
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

My MSFS continues to run without a hitch? You said you tried to install from the discs? Where are you? You said you reached out to "them", who is them?

If you are in North America, did you buy a copy from MicroSoft? Are all your drivers up to date, and is your Windows 10 up to date?

If you check all the boxes, I would call MS support.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

My MSFS continues to run without a hitch? You said you tried to install from the discs? Where are you? You said you reached out to "them", who is them?

If you are in North America, did you buy a copy from MicroSoft? Are all your drivers up to date, and is your Windows 10 up to date?

If you check all the boxes, I would call MS support.

Glad yours is working well but other people have experienced issues. Who is them? https://www.flightsimulator.com/ I believe I bought a copy on ebay if that even matters and it probably doesn't. All updates for Win10 are installed. Call MS Support?? If there was an actual number to reach them I would.

If you search for "gaming services" on the flightsimulator.com FAQ's page, this is the first answer:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402187356690-Redirected-to-the-Microsoft-Store-page-for-Gaming-Services-or-Error-0x80073D26-or-0x00000001-occurs-when-you-try-to-install-update-or-launch-MSFS

Most people have found that the second fix works best.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Glad yours is working well but other people have experienced issues. Who is them? https://www.flightsimulator.com/ I believe I bought a copy on ebay if that even matters and it probably doesn't. All updates for Win10 are installed. Call MS Support?? If there was an actual number to reach them I would.

If you bought it on eBay then Microsoft don’t even have to help. In theory it’s up to the seller on eBay, but...

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Where you bought it does matter a lot! If you live in North America, the disk version was never meant to be sold over here. I suspect the vendor on Ebay was not licensed by MicroSoft to sell the disks? Even if they were, you do realize the disks are really just a handshake, no real useful functionality resides on the disks, just access to the program. The full functionality would require almost 450 4Tb SSD drives to contain the original release. I think it has been optimized in the updates, so it might now only need 260 of them, in other words it is way more data than you can store, and almost all of that resides in the Cloud.

Would it not be better to order the program from MS or Steam, and enjoy it, rather than a fruitless quest to get money from MS that they never had.

And yes, there is a phone number for MS support, if you look hard enough.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I don't want a refund just yet. I am giving it another chance. And if it never works from every method or source whether it's my boxed version or a digital version then yeah, I want a refund. Who wouldn't? I am trying to get it repaired and running again. I had ordered this boxed new, sealed version of the standard edition because of all the issues that were associated with the downloadable versions: Lags. Taking days to download. I can just see myself trying that and having to wait hours or even days for it to download only for it to still not work. I can't believe that only the downloadable Microsoft Store or Steam versions are legitimate. So I am trying again with my 4th install. Something has to work. Actually, no, there is no such number to call for help with MSFS2020 as of yet. Hopefully there will be one in the future. Edited by Ducktooth

Would it not be better to order the program from MS or Steam, and enjoy it, rather than a fruitless quest to get money from MS that they never had.

I second Plainsman's suggestion. I have the Steam edition of MSFS. I had a lot of problems with CTDs early on and went through several uninstalls, reinstalls, and even had to reinstall Windows once. But MSFS has been working flawlessly (knock on wood) for months now. You're far better off chucking those discs of questionable provenance, downloading the online version of your choice, and enjoying the sim on the computer you apparently bought for just that purpose.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5