Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex5 Sky Force 3D

Default Rex5 Sky Force 3D

hello all. not sure if it's just me or what but I cant use Rex Sky Force 3D any more. i launch Rex then the flight simulator and i got no weather. it's not even showing up in the add-ons menu. I go to the show hidden icons and Rex is not there. I got an error about net frame work so i uninstalled rex and the update reinstalled both and it still don't work. i also checked my FSUIPC that's up to date as is my sim connect. so is it the program or my computer? I no longer get the net frame work error but the weather is not injecting into the flight simulator either. maybe it's time to find a weather program that wants to work. or take out the update and see if it works then?
    16 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    windows 10.
    desktop

Maybe e-mail REX and see what they suggest.

Blog Entries

Hmmm hopefully I don’t get this…

I recently purchased Sky Force after dumping REX Essentials for the same reason. (Live weather stopped working and the program is no longer supported)

So far mine’s working fine. Please let us know what you find out.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

@JSkorna I did email them and they have not yet been much help. and @kingnorris. I'm in the same boat as you. I dumped rex essentials for sky force 3d and now it don't work at all. I'm thinking about trying to find something else that wants to work when I want to go flying with real world weather. and as of right now this rex sky force 3d ain't it the mad face ain't at you guys either by the way. I wasted 34.95$ and i have had it to long to get a refund on it.
    16 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    windows 10.
    desktop

Blog Entries

It has to be related to the network frame error.

I will say, downloading and installing this for me was a two day affair. They made it so damn hard without having a computer science degree. And their manual was no help at all.

Their new website also sucks.

I’d say give Active Sky a try. I know it’s old (2016) but it seems reliable.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

I'm not sure what it is. I have the net frame work installed already that it needs. and all my drivers are up to date. I have more then enough hard drive space. and I have more RAM then it needs I was able to get it to work for a split second and then it crashed again. it's not FSX it's self this is a rex issue. I completely uninstalled it yesterday and even made sure it's not in the registry. maybe I will try it again today and see what happens?
    16 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    windows 10.
    desktop

https://www.justflight.com/product/rex-5-sky-force-3d here is a link for the system requirements for this. and my computer more then meets these requirements. i think it might be the update they released for the program.
    16 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    windows 10.
    desktop

Default No WX Update

Sounds like the data is being blocked by your firewall. Try granting an exception for SF in your firewall(s). The prog name changed with the UG and some systems now block the data.

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyBRS View Post
    Sounds like the data is being blocked by your firewall. Try granting an exception for SF in your firewall(s). The prog name changed with the UG and some systems now block the data.

Smitty
    ok i will try that. though it never asked for permission from my fire will. but after doing some research and stuff on my gaming computer i have come to the conclusion that it's the SF program and not my computer. although i wonder if it could be the windows smart screen thing to? that comes up during installation. maybe i can try turning that off and try again?
    16 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    windows 10.
    desktop

ok after turning off the windows smart screen thing and reinstalling SF i did not get the blue screen popping up saying this program was blocked and the prerequisites for SF and the update is blank so i think now that it's SF still. and i will also see if allowing it into the fire wall helps as well.
    16 gigs of ram
    1TB HardDrive
    windows 10.
    desktop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast