Nothing But Trouble After May 25 Update!

MSFS doesn't automatically save your flight plan for you, like FSX did. You have to press Space or click Load/Save along the bottom of the World Map screen before clicking on Fly.

Tim,

I just saw your last post in this thread.

Not to belabor this, but we are not communicating. Of course you have to save.

Let's say I'm flying along with a "valid flight plan," which I believe means an origin airport and a destination airport. I'm following the GPS.

Click ESC. Click LOAD/SAVE from toolbar at bottom of screen. LocalState window appears. Enter a name for the new saved flight. Click SAVE in the window. (It will save as .FLT, and there is no option to change the file type to anything, let alone .PLN.) That's what I do every time I wish to save a flight. They all appear as .FLT files.

And sometimes they do open properly, but I have yet to nail down the variable -- if there is one.

Try creating a flightplan with waypoints, for example select VOR to VOR flightplan from the drop down menu, then save and load it again. You should definitely have a .flt and .pln file.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim,

Let's say I'm flying along with a "valid flight plan," which I believe means an origin airport and a destination airport. I'm following the GPS.

Click ESC. Click LOAD/SAVE from toolbar at bottom of screen. LocalState window appears. Enter a name for the new saved flight. Click SAVE in the window. (It will save as .FLT, and there is no option to change the file type to anything, let alone .PLN.) That's what I do every time I wish to save a flight. They all appear as .FLT files.

And sometimes they do open properly, but I have yet to nail down the variable -- if there is one.

The only time you can get the option to save a .pln file is in the world map flight creation screen at the time of the flight creation. After that your only option is the .flt file. Of course you can create the .pln file in other software that can create plans for MSFS. The default option in MSFS is to save as the .flt file. This also creates the .pln file. You can choose to change the save to a .pln file in the drop down window. This saves only the .pln file.

Another point here. Contrary to what some say, you do not have to have a departure airport to create a valid plan. You can click anywhere on the map and set that point as departure then choose an arrival airport or click another spot on the map and set as arrival. This is useful for setting up landing challenges or any other thing you might want to practice.

I have set up a folder to save my plans in and have it stored on OneDrive. You do not have to use the default. Only drawback is that you have to navigate to your custom folder to save & load.

Hope some of this info is of use.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.