Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: msfs 2020 will not start after 5/25/21 update

Default msfs 2020 will not start after 5/25/21 update

after updating msfs 2020 on 5/25/21, it will not restart. I get error message 0x8007139F. has anyone else reported this error and does anyone have a solution?
    jimbo249

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo249 View Post
    after updating msfs 2020 on 5/25/21, it will not restart. I get error message 0x8007139F. has anyone else reported this error and does anyone have a solution?
    jimbo249
    Did a quick search for your error code, found this

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2021/...ces-error-fix/
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Default Found the fix.

For some reason Windows created to identical keys in the registry called Microsoft Store. Delete both and reinstall. Took care of the issue.

I don't get that particular error message, but since the update last week I've had nothing but CTDs! Before the alleged "update" I had two months of error-free bliss (except for when trying to open a saved flight, but that's another issue). Now i'm batting less than .500 in opening ANY flight!

What is the matter with these people? I appreciate their attempts to upgrade, but it seems to this computer non-expert that they don't know what they are doing.

I refuse to believe that my repeated CTDs are unrelated to the May 25 "update."

My favorite motto: "LEAVE THE WELL ENOUGH ALONE."

It would be nice to give us a choice. When opening MSFS, give us a message "Update pending: Update now or Later(pause 5 days). "
    Then you know it needs updating, but not forced to immediately go into the update process.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patinthedesert View Post
    It would be nice to give us a choice. When opening MSFS, give us a message "Update pending: Update now or Later(pause 5 days). "
    Then you know it needs updating, but not forced to immediately go into the update process.

Pat
    Although it’s possible to use the sim offline, it’s mainly an online based sim. For this reason they want us all to have to the same, up to date version. That’s why the updates are always mandatory and doesn’t let you fly without updating first.
    I suppose if you were using it offline only then you wouldn’t have to update.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Mac6737 View Post
    I don't get that particular error message, but since the update last week I've had nothing but CTDs! Before the alleged "update" I had two months of error-free bliss (except for when trying to open a saved flight, but that's another issue). Now i'm batting less than .500 in opening ANY flight!

What is the matter with these people? I appreciate their attempts to upgrade, but it seems to this computer non-expert that they don't know what they are doing.

I refuse to believe that my repeated CTDs are unrelated to the May 25 "update."

My favorite motto: "LEAVE THE WELL ENOUGH ALONE."
    Quick answer, which has also been pushed on another thread, is empty your Community Folder then try and restart. If this goes okay it's something in your addons causing the problem - quite common after an update until the addon dev produces a fix. The bad news is identifying which one (or more!) it is.

The same happened to me. As AlanJ and DavidC2 stated, that fixed it for me.

Tim

Default xbox services update fails with error code 0x8007129F

Would you please explain in more detail what you did to fix the problem. In other words where you found registry
    microsoft store and what the duplicate keys are and after deleting both keys reinstall what. Please forgive my
    lack of computer knowledge.
    jimbo 249

Default no registry called Microsoft Store in my windows registry

After looking through my windows 10 registry I did not find a registry entry called windows store. should there one?
    How do I create it and what goes in it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast