We have a problem - Help please

Calypso

Hi everyone. It's been a while.

As an old FS fan (1982)!, I do most of my flying in Europe.

Decided to fly in the US today and came across this problem.

ILS approach to KSFO RW 28R in and old Boeing 737 200 (CS).

Lined up nicely for the approach at 4000 feet. Localiser active Glide slope acquired nicely.

As I approached the airport, I saw that although my ILS indicator and map showed me perfectly lined up, the runway was askew!

In all my years of flying in FS, I don't think I've ever come across this before.

Any ideas, suggestions please. (FSX Steam Edition)

USA.jpg

Edited by Calypso

John - I just flew the Lear 45 from Sacramento to KSFO RWY 28R ILS, and it was "spot on!"

CRS 111.70 283 heading???

2021-5-27_8-26-5-651.jpg

Have you tried a different aircraft for the same approach? Does your approaches to other airports work fine?

Check and recheck! You've picked a nice area to fly in and out of!

Rick :cool:

You've mistuned your NAV radio.

You're NOT flying CAT III ILS/DME 28R (IGWQ) 111.70 MHz. which will lead you straight in (284°Mag).

What you're flying is LDA/DMA 28R (IFNP) 110.75 MHz, an offset approach. This is already visible on Plan-G in the background of your screenshot. Here's the chart.

[EDIT]Technically speaking, you didn't mistune, you tuned correctly to the wrong frequency :pilot:.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

You've mistuned your NAV radio.

You're NOT flying CAT III ILS/DME 28R (IGWQ) 111.70 MHz. which will lead you straight in (284°Mag).

What you're flying is LDA/DMA 28R (IFNP) 110.75 MHz, an offset approach. This is already visible on Plan-G in the background of your screenshot. Here's the chart.

[EDIT]Technically speaking, you didn't mistune, you tuned correctly to the wrong frequency :pilot:.

Wim

Thank you for that. I picked up the frequency for 28R from Plan-G3 (map). Must have picked up the wrong one.

Thanks again.