Unable to uninstall FSX

Hi again all. I have been trying to uninstall FSX (Boxed) for over an hour. The "Installation Wizard" appears, the bar gets to 50% then it closes leaving FSX installed. I have read a post about getting the installer to run fine after an uninstall ( https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?315761-This-needs-STUCK-TO-THE-TOP-Fixing-FSX-errors-during-reinstall-on-windows-10) but didn't know if this would work for me. Any suggestions please?
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Kingston NV1 SSD, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

Go into Control Panel/Administrative/ADD/REMOVE Programs and remove each part of FSX...Acceleration, SP2 and SP1 if no Acceleration is installed, then FSX. When you click on remove, it's the same as uninstall.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Go into Control Panel/Administrative/ADD/REMOVE Programs and remove each part of FSX...Acceleration, SP2 and SP1 if no Acceleration is installed, then FSX. When you click on remove, it's the same as uninstall.

Thanks for replying ! I have already removed SP1, SP2, and Acceleration. Still nothing. I can’t get the FSX SDK to uninstall either. I’m completely stumped.

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8-4.4GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz RAM, 1TB Kingston NV1 SSD, 1TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, 240GB Maxtor Z1 2.5" SSD, MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT.

Have you looked here?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?318450-Botched-Uninstall-Unable-to-Reinstall

Did you remove any addons first? That seems to be a problem if not done first?

The posts on this link have a link to a registry reset for FSX which may help?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Get 'iobitUninstaller' from iobit site (google it). This program will uninstall programs AND the registry files it installed (just put ck mark by 'Remove incidental files' option). You can also choose to create a restore point before uninstall. Nothing beats it. It's free too. It might nag you to upgrade but it will still work even if you say 'No Thanks'. You will never suffer or get stressed when all you want is to uninstall a program. It will list everything that is installed on your PC. It just works.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Get 'iobitUninstaller' from iobit site (google it). This program will uninstall programs AND the registry files it installed (just put ck mark by 'Remove incidental files' option). You can also choose to create a restore point before uninstall. Nothing beats it. It's free too. It might nag you to upgrade but it will still work even if you say 'No Thanks'. You will never suffer or get stressed when all you want is to uninstall a program. It will list everything that is installed on your PC. It just works.

Chuck B

Napamule

Worked brilliantly ! Thanks !