I've said it a million times, "I'd rather be lucky than good".

Yesterday, I hit the NewEgg Shuffle. Got my hands on a nVidea 3070 8gb. Now I can finish off the

computer I started on 5 months ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MB: Maximus VII Hero LGA 1150 Z97 CPU: i7 4790 MEM: Muskin Redline 16GB

Cooling: H100i PSU: EVGA superNova 850 GFX: MSI 970 Win7 64 PRO

I thought you were making a joke about a landing with wind shear...

Seriously, though, happy for you! I'm content with my 3060 Ti and 5600x!

EDIT: I strongly recommend getting a 32gb memory kit too. Makes a big difference with MSFS.

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

I've said it a million times, "I'd rather be lucky than good".

Yesterday, I hit the NewEgg Shuffle. Got my hands on a nVidea 3070 8gb. Now I can finish off the

computer I started on 5 months ago.

Congratulations! I have the NVidia 3070. I managed to score one when I custom ordered my PC from HP at the beginning of the year. I've been running MSFS on high settings with no problems. Enjoy!

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Very happy with my RTX3070 using msfs in 1080, but if I want to go down the VR route or upgrade to 4k, I think I will need an RTX3080.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Very happy with my RTX3070 using msfs in 1080, but if I want to go down the VR route or upgrade to 4k, I think I will need an RTX3080.

I use a Reverb G2 with my 2080Ti and love it. You should get even better performance with your 3070, so if I were you I would go down the VR route and don’t bother trying to get a 3080. Plus, I read somewhere that there isn’t much difference between the two cards anyway.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I’m running high settings at 1440; no problems. Also, happy with TrackIR 5, and in no hurry to go the VR route, yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

happy with TrackIR 5, and in no hurry to go the VR route, yet

When you do eventually try VR Steve, you won’t go back to TrackiR :)

I’ve had two versions of TrackIRs and thought they were brilliant... but then along came VR

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

When you do eventually try VR Steve, you won’t go back to TrackiR :)

I’ve had two versions of TrackIRs and thought they were brilliant... but then along came VR

Regards

Steve

I believe you, Steve. That’s what worries me. I would likely like it so much, that I would never go outside to smell real flowers, as it were.

I believe you, Steve. That’s what worries me. I would likely like it so much, that I would never go outside to smell real flowers, as it were.

That’s a good point. The sun is shining here, as I can see, now that I’ve taken my headset off LOL

I probably spend far too much time in the virtual world :)

Regards

Steve