I've assumed that MSFS has downloaded and installed all the updates--USA, UK, Benelux, etc.--as they've come out. However, as I was exploring the in-sim marketplace ("full catalog") today, I saw that all the "World" updates are marked "free" without any indication that they're installed on my PC. Again, I'm pretty sure they were installed automatically, but how do I double-check this?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

They definitely are not installed automatically. For each one I’ve had to go to the Marketplace and “BUY” the free tokens to install them.

Give that a try and parts of your world may look much better. :)

Thanks. Will do. Although the prospect makes me nervous. After all my earlier trouble with MSFS '20, it has been running without so much as a burp, let alone a hiccup, for weeks now. Today, for example, I flew one leg of a bush trip in a Cub that took me over an hour--from somewhere in Nevada (I forget) to Inyokern in California's high desert on the east slope of the Sierra Nevada range--without any problems. (It should've only taken me 40 minutes, but I kept getting off track.) I hope the updates won't break what's unbroken at this point.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Haha, that's a risk you're going to have to take, my friend.

But it would make sense to me that most bugs are introduced with the files that alter the core of the sim (i.e., the files which are downloaded and installed upon loading the sim). I would think that the marketplace files are pure scenery and mostly harmless. Just my opinion though...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

A wise Chinese man once said...

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro