Really slow ending flight

When I exit a flight with the ESC button and then return to main menu, trying to exit program, it seems to take forever, I often end up going to Taskmanager to close down flightsim. The other weird thing is that it often seems to load two copies of MSFS even if I only load form the OPEN on right clicking the program. Anyone else had either of these?? ps running a pretty fast computer and very good graphic card.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

Why do you have to right-click the programme and then click Open? The main icon should appear somewhere on your desktop and you should open it from there.

Sounds like your opening method is indeed opening two copies of the sim which would make shutting down a laborious process I would guess.

I get this slow exit from time to time, and it's always cured by:

Open Start/Settings/Apps

Scroll down to Microsoft Flight Simulator

Click Advanced Options and wait for them to load

Scroll down to the Reset section

Click the Repair button

DO NOT CLICK THE RESET BUTTON because that'll delete the whole sim.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes I do open from the link normally, and was only doing it the latter way after I ran into this problem. Probably just accidentally double mouse clicking.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Thanks Tim, will try that process, I am sure it will help.