A GREAT guide to graphic settings with visual examples!

https://www.game-debate.com/news/29393/microsoft-flight-simulator-most-important-graphics-options-every-video-setting-benchmarked

This link will take you to a terrific page that not only outlines the myriad graphic settings, but also provides a simple visual representation of each setting between ultra and low/off simply by sliding your mouse over the image. You can click on the image to enlarge it in a separate window to better see the differences.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to use this to better tweak my settings and prioritize which settings I care more about and reduce the settings on those that I don't care so much about. I hope this helps you as much as it's going to help me.

I was landing in LGA last night and...wow...my sim almost turned into a slide show when I was trying to check out the NYC skyline.

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

Thanks for that, it told me what I already figured out. my graphics card is not up to par......

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Thanks for that, it told me what I already figured out. my graphics card is not up to par......

You're not alone. Although I lucked out with a 3060 Ti, it does struggle when I hit populated areas like NYC or London. That's mostly owing to the fact that I game on a 3440x1440 ultrawide monitor. I'm going to have to kick things down a notch.

5600XT is a great card, but yes, for a demanding game like this one, it's not enough to turn on the eye candy. Have you been hunting for a new one? Market is terrible right now, alas, though you could sell yours for probably a ridiculous markup to offset whatever you may buy (assuming you're planning on buying a new graphics card).

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

I was thinking the GeForce RTX 3060 Ti after being recommended on here but like you say cards are very hard to source right now. I'm ok in Ultra when flying on the screen until I get to populated areas again like London and New York... it really struggles in VR and bombs out quite a lot. and Its VR I prefer to fly in.. I find flying on screens very archaic now, sitting in the cockpit is a real game changer in MSFS... I'm betting on May for cards to start flowing through the market again, may be wishful thinking thou.... Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Thanks. That's really good info. I'll have to experiment after I swap out my main monitor today. Going from 23" HD to 27" 2K.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition