Wow - have a look at this

I just had FS2020 do a HUGE 'hiccup'

I was doing the Chagual - current live event landing challenge.

I did not complete it correctly so selected RESTART.

The challenge restarted in the air as expected and the engine was running BUT I could see the prop STATIONARY so I checked the outside view. Not only was the prop stationary but there was a 'growth' on top of the fuselage.

Have a look at the screen shot.

Comments please.

Note I have performed a restart of this challenge BEFORE the latest update and had no problems? Has the latest update introduced a 'bug'?

chagual1.jpg

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I have had the same thing happen with the prop. The disc can be seen, albeit faintly, but the prop is stopped. Otherwise, everything else works and the plane still flies. I have not looked outside when this happens but will next time.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

Comments please.

I don't think there's a lot to comment on, in this case. You could report it if you'd like and include the screenshot. Have you retried to recreate the bug? I think that would be quite useful Asobo.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I just had FS2020 do a HUGE 'hiccup'

I was doing the Chagual - current live event landing challenge.

I did not complete it correctly so selected RESTART.

The challenge restarted in the air as expected and the engine was running BUT I could see the prop STATIONARY so I checked the outside view. Not only was the prop stationary but there was a 'growth' on top of the fuselage.

Have a look at the screen shot.

Comments please.

Note I have performed a restart of this challenge BEFORE the latest update and had no problems? Has the latest update introduced a 'bug'?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225961[/ATTACH]

I’ve had that same black box appear on the Caravan twice, but I’m not sure about the prop. Both times it was well before the last update. As I recall, the flaps wouldn’t operate. It was resolved by restarting the flight.

Asobo has said this alrerady in MSFS official site

Sometimes you might load a plane and the cockpit wont appear, or exerior textures are broken...Please reload the flight and it should resolve

This is pretty much as phone companies will say regarding internet connection

Please turn the modem off and on again, thank you

Or any PC problem, off-on

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Have you retried to recreate the bug?

I have now attempted to recreate the bug but cannot BUT

each time I retried I landed with out any error and I THINK that just before the situation described I had flown the challenge which resulted in a FAIL. I can't remember the fail message but think it could have been 'you did not land on the correct runway' yet I did land on the correct runway BUT did land on the very front/leading edge on the runway (where the chevrons are) and assumed that because I landed a bit short then it was deemed to be 'not on the correct runway'.

It was AFTER this fail and on the next RESTART that the 'problem' occurred and I have been unable to recreate that.

John

I found that the stationary prop only appeared after a failed landing. Chagual has a displaced threshold so, if you landed in the area marked with the arrows (chevrons), then you have landed on the displaced portion of the runway and that is not available for landing. It is only available for take off and roll out.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

Did this happen during the Chagual challenge? Did it happen after a crash?

It should never happen. Come on MS and Asboro!

It reminds me of an aircraft I had years ago (for FSX) which was given to me (the files that is :D ) which I think had fallen off the back of a truck (if you get my drift) and the outside view showed the aircraft broken into sections obviously due to the fact that the files were damaged when they "fell off the back of the truck" and something (a file?) was missing or 'broken'.

Have you reported this?

John