Downloading Third Party Addons & Mods

Hi I have downloaded a few addons etc from flightsim .to As good as some are sometimes the names are not very clear once unzipped which makes it quiet hard to keep a check on does anyone know if it's posible to rename the mods /addons when in community folder I know you can can if you open save as when downloading ,does anyone else have trouble with the names of downloads. thanks

I know ther are programs /apps for organising community folder but i prefer not to use them.

Kind regards

Andrew

Yes you can rename the mod folder without causing any damage.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I know ther are programs /apps for organising community folder but i prefer not to use them.

Kind regards

Andrew

I hear what you say, but addons have a habit of multiplying - i've got over 300GB now! - and letting them fill up your Community Folder results in slower loading times. Also it's recommended you empty the C/F when upgrades etc occur and a good addons manager will nake things so much easier.

I use MSFS Addons Manager which was one of the first. It's simple and straightforward, you just need to organise your addons library a little first. Renaming addons makes it even easier to use. You won't regret it I assure you.